What's new

Unsure about buttons.

BenVa68

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2018
Messages
504
Reaction score
1,735
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug these at the 1800s home site. It just keeps producing! These are the nicest buttons I've found so far. I see some online that are really close but not exact. I'm sure one of you t-net members will know what they are. There should be banners for identifying hard to ID finds.
 

Attachments

  • 20180505_164628.webp
    20180505_164628.webp
    253 KB · Views: 95
  • 20180505_164757.webp
    20180505_164757.webp
    395.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180505_164713.webp
    20180505_164713.webp
    289 KB · Views: 94
  • 20180505_164725.webp
    20180505_164725.webp
    248.2 KB · Views: 87
First button looks like a US Navy from 1850 -1941 but I can't find an example like yours that does not have the 3 cannonballs beneath the anchor. Also, the flukes look a little smaller than the ones I see in my references. I'm being stumped left and right tonight!
 
Upvote 0
I had the same problem. I found a couple very close examples but nothing matched exactly. The direction the eagle is facing indicates earlier buttons but the lack of cannonballs beneath his feet is different than others I've seen.
 
Upvote 0
I think I found your button. I posted in your newer thread.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom