Greenie
Aug 9, 2018
Limestone, ME
Detector(s) used
White's MX Sport
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Greetings all,

Found this dandy at a colonial site in CT. The male bust depicted has short hair and long curly beard. The inner circle surrounding the bust is pressed such that it protrudes slightly at the reverse. By far the heaviest, most sturdy dandy I've found yet.
Button obverse.jpg
Button reverse.jpg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all,

Found this dandy at a colonial site in CT. The male bust depicted has short hair and long curly beard. The inner circle surrounding the bust is pressed such that it protrudes slightly at the reverse. By far the heaviest, most sturdy dandy I've found yet. View attachment 2019263 View attachment 2019264
I would like for EVERYONE to look an d see how PERFECT of a job this person took pictures and posting them. GREAT JOB !!! Metallorgy

Upvote 1

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had the same thought as 'How Lucky', possibly an early Lincoln Presidential Campaign button? :icon_scratch:

Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809, to Nancy and Thomas Lincoln in a one-room log cabin in Hardin County, Kentucky. His family moved to southern Indiana in 1816. Abraham Lincoln was a self-taught lawyer, legislator and vocal opponent of slavery, was elected 16th president of the United States in November 1860, shortly before the outbreak of the Civil War. Lincoln proved to be a shrewd military strategist and a savvy leader.

Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation Act paved the way for slavery’s abolition, while his Gettysburg Address stands as one of the most famous pieces of oratory in American history. In April 1865, with the Union on the brink of victory, Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by Confederate sympathizer John Wilkes Booth.

Attachments

• 1909-S_VDB_Lincoln_cent_obverse.jpg
    1909-S_VDB_Lincoln_cent_obverse.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread