jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these at a 1948 United Airlines Crash site? :o By the way, SWANIE1, they are 22 Karat. I was told all Dental Gold is 22K with the exception of Fillings being 10K

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Jeff of PA,

? ? ? Would that be the 1948 Mt. Carmel Crash?...I have heard a lot about it...Where exactly is Jolliet.

Ron(PA).

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP Thats the Crash RON,? JOLIETT is a very small Village, in the S.W. Corner of Schuylkill County, right off Interstate 81, between tremont and Tower city, on the Top of a Mountain. the Ring on the left comes from there also

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,
I was told 16 Kt on the dental gold. I have some at home, I guess I'll have to take it and test it now. 8)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinshooter, I had mine tested at 2 different places . they are definately 22K <><> BEEKROCK, after talking to People still living, & relatives of other Locals who were there the day of the Crash, and Newspaper articles, My belief is the Suitcase (Package) Went up in flames during the EXPLOSION.( the aircraft hit a 66,000 Volt Substation Transformer ) Packets of Partially Burnt Bills were picked up by Fire Personele & the CIVIL AIR BOARD. and Most of the Shipment of Diamonds were also picked up, as that package mainly stayed in one spot. everything else was scattered all over the mountainside. WE WERE GIVIN one year unlimited access to search the site. http://www.geocities.com/welkerlots/beryl.htm Hopefully the story will be in W&E this year, we're hopeing either BEST FINDS or SILVER & GOLD ANNUAL

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
Way to go Jeff, I was just reading about that crash in the lost treasures of pa book. Nice Job!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Rich. By the way, January 16 (WEATHER PERMITTING) we're planning a get-together at my place. IF you have the free time, when it gets closer I'll send you directions. you can stop down, I'll give you a tour of my "Museum"? :)

richg

Jun 15, 2004
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
minelab products
Hey Jeff I dont have my 2005 schedule here with me, I work swing shift so I dont know what I am working but if I am not working I would be more than happy to come to the meeting and check out your museum. I'll let you know when I look at the schedule. Rich

C

czman

Gold for making plates is 16k most of the time...I have scraped a few of these.

W

wmgriffin

I have a Garrett Master Hunter and have owned it for more than 20 years. has dual sealed fiberglass ?? coils 5x8 and 8x12 inch
metal mineral detector? .. almost never used .. think that Garrett in Plano Texas was absorbed years ago or sold to some
firm.? ?anyone interested in this unit or can anyone tell me what it might be worth in todays market?
thanks any response.. Bill Griffin? Cumming, Ga? [email protected]? ? 678 889 6059..?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions