What's new

Unusual Harness Bells

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Apr 24, 2010
Messages
13,017
Reaction score
28,144
Golden Thread
1
Location
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A detecting buddy recently found these unusual, cone-shaped harness bells in Nova Scotia Canada.
I was hoping someone might recognize where they may have been made? :dontknow:

Date wise, I'm thinking late 19thc.

Thanks,
Dave
 

Attachments

  • 20201026_162214.webp
    20201026_162214.webp
    114.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20201026_162223-crop.webp
    20201026_162223-crop.webp
    69 KB · Views: 56
Dave
I agree on the D buckles and the reins guide. I’ve never seen that shaped bell. Purdy unique.
 
Upvote 0
Dave
I agree on the D buckles and the reins guide. I’ve never seen that shaped bell. Purdy unique.

Thanks Rook, hopefully someone here will recognize them. :thumbsup:

 
Upvote 0
Sleigh bells IMO... and rare ones at that.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks very much for this ARC. :icon_thumleft:
Dave


Not saying definitively that is what they were intended for... but I have never seen that style or even similar.

very cool never the less :)
 
Upvote 0
Not saying definitively that is what they were intended for... but I have never seen that style or even similar.

very cool never the less :)

Neither have I ARC, I did find one similar years ago, but not quite the same. :icon_scratch:
Considering these were found in Nova Scotia, I was thinking they were either American or British-made.

Hopefully another member here will recognize them,
Dave

 

Attachments

  • Wed July 4 001.webp
    Wed July 4 001.webp
    98.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Wed July 4 010.webp
    Wed July 4 010.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom