Update on the site Im digging and a question

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Update on the site I'm digging and a question

I went out for about an hour before work and 3 hours afterward. I dug 25 Joslyn bullets, 3 ringtail sharps, 2 other sharps, 4 pistol bullets and over 50 pieces of melted lead including several partially melted bullets.
I don't know how long I'll be able to dig that site or how much more I'll find. I was wondering what you all think is best update everyday, every few days or when everything is done or are you just sick of me and wish I would go away. :tongue3: Anyway let me know as I don't want to hog up the site and bore you all to tears with tales of bullets and melted lead.

Upvote 0

sekypaleo

Jan 24, 2010
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2 with 13" Ultimate coil, AKA Sorex Pro, Eurotek Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Update on the site I'm digging and a question

That many bullets in three hours? Personally I hate you and wish you would go away away! Jusr kidding man...I am never bored with hearing and seeing of CW history being pulled from the ground...keep posting. Heck , it's a good day if in three hours I get one minie. Bill

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keep at it. It inspires me to be greater than I am and I like lead :hello:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

For a site like that I'd probably build it up until something interesting popped out... and if it didn't, then just post a huge pile in the end. But usually what we do here is post ourfinds as we don't usually hunt back to day days except for when we do a 2-3 days weekend, then it's a one shot deal on Monday. I should also say I'm not big on bullets so that is a good part of the reason I personally wouldn't post a day of bullets unless it looked like this one. :-X

Attachments

• bullets1.JPG
    bullets1.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 706
  • bullets1.JPG
    bullets1.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 692
OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used

Thanks guys. IP I was actually thinking of waiting but wanted to see how others felt. I never really thought bullets worthy of posting but people seem to like to see them.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vayank54 said:
Thanks guys. IP I was actually thinking of waiting but wanted to see how others felt. I never really thought bullets worthy of posting but people seem to like to see them.

Same with musket balls.... these days I hate em and they're just in the way, but every time I say that someone always jumps in with how much they would love to dig some. (and I can't understand that, but doesn't change anything for me)

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

I would build up a few hunts also. We are never sick of seeing your finds.
Dman

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Keep the post's coming :icon_thumright:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Bring it on VY. Sites like that are very scarce in Tennessee anymore. If dman and I hunt ALL DAY here and find 5 good CW or Colonial relics each, we are satisfied. A lot of people new to md think that you just go out, buy a detector, and start finding CW relics. In Tennessee, their new detector is usually for sale in 3-6 months and they find a more productive hobby.
Never apologize for finding great CW relics-post them. Hunt that site as long as you can. HH, Quindy.

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA350 , Fisher F-70

I don't care if its a paper clip POST IT!!!!!!

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

VOL1266-X said:
Bring it on VY. Sites like that are very scarce in Tennessee anymore. If dman and I hunt ALL DAY here and find 5 good CW or Colonial relics each, we are satisfied. A lot of people new to md think that you just go out, buy a detector, and start finding CW relics. In Tennessee, their new detector is usually for sale in 3-6 months and they find a more productive hobby.
Never apologize for finding great CW relics-post them. Hunt that site as long as you can. HH, Quindy.

Great site. Like Quindy says here in Tennessee finding 5 or 6 bullets is a good day. What you have my friend sounds like a camp with that much melted lead. Tnrelicman and I have been hunting a camp and finding a lot of camp lead as well. We also are finding buttons and other relics which you will find as well. Please keep us posted on your finds even if it is every day.

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505

I think IP has it right. Save it all up unless you VaYank something really special, then by all means post away. Either way we will always check because you have such a great track record.

But then again, what do I know.

-FH

OP
OP
vayank54

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used

Thanks for the input guys. All except sekypaleo, who wishes I would go away :laughing7: I was thinking of waiting anyway. what I will do is post a quick note of what I found on my facebook status and when it's all over and done with put a summary and maybe some pics on Tnet. Unless I find something good. In that case I'm posting that badboy ASAP ;D The spot I'm digging was a huge camp gound the through out the war. There were also some skirmishes through the property too. God only knows how many plates I took out of there over the years. The part we are working in is a low area, about 5 acres or so. Most of the other land is already developed :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread