Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted to get a new Excal II this spring but money wise its just not possible now so instead i will upgrade my GT i want to put a Sun Ray S-1 target probe a Minelab Digital search meter and get a pair of Black Widow head phones i use the 8 inch coil but i might get the 10 also , i figure 670.00 for all 4 pieces a lot cheaper then 1198.00 for the Excal II has anyone tryed this set up ? i heard it kind of makes the MD a little more heavy but iam a big guy 6-4 280 i think i can handle it .Below is a picture of the GT with all that gear also would a upper straight shaft be better then the S rod ? thanks for any help HH Jim

Attachments

• S-1_PROBE_ELITE.jpg
    S-1_PROBE_ELITE.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,009

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it looks like it would be more than i would want to swing looks heavy to me .

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see that link was from 2008 i will contact him Joe and see if hes updated that Insight for the GT models yet looks interesting , that S-12 coil do you use it ? that might be a better choice .Thanks for the information Jim

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said you wanted the Excal II, but funds were tight, so why not get a good used Excal....POPPA has one on the "for sale" board for $675 with straight shaft on it. Sov GT is great, I have two of them myself, including one that is custom waterproofed, but unless it is custom waterproofed you can't go into the surf with it like you can with the Excal... You never have to worry about an accident, salt spray, or rain....

As far as weight use a harness with bungee, I can't understand why more dont use the harness. It takes all the weight off your arm, and when needed you can let go of your detector and it will hang right by your side, controls up..........Personally I will never go back to beach hunting with out one.................

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
i use the S12 and Bunji all the time..its great ! just ordered a new Excal ll..now im set

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Deepdiger60 said:
I wanted to get a new Excal II this spring but money wise its just not possible now so instead i will upgrade my GT i want to put a Sun Ray S-1 target probe a Minelab Digital search meter and get a pair of Black Widow head phones i use the 8 inch coil but i might get the 10 also , i figure 670.00 for all 4 pieces a lot cheaper then 1198.00 for the Excal II has anyone tryed this set up ? i heard it kind of makes the MD a little more heavy but iam a big guy 6-4 280 i think i can handle it .Below is a picture of the GT with all that gear also would a upper straight shaft be better then the S rod ? thanks for any help HH Jim
The picture you show is not of a Sovereign GT it is a picture of a Sovereign Elite.?

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keppy said:
Deepdiger60 said:
The picture you show is not of a Sovereign GT it is a picture of a Sovereign Elite.?
Hi Keppy its a GT Elite

Attachments

• S-1_PROBE_ELITE.jpg
    S-1_PROBE_ELITE.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 1,047
  • S-1_PROBE_ELITE.jpg
    S-1_PROBE_ELITE.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 787

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry my mistake i have been useing Sovereign's since 1992 and that is the first time i have heard the name GT with the Elite.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread