upper new Hampshire indians taking prisners for ransom....

T

timeseeker1

::) I have read in old news papers where Indian's ransomed white people for shillings to pounds along with jewelry etc., this to be known fact, can anyone tell me tribes and hardest hit areas????? very Little records (official) as a matter of record a lot of these paid ransoms were never traded for goods and the hoard's location was known only by chiefs or medicine men. To date, no known hoard was ever found. any insight?

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
timeseeker1:
I have close personal and family connections with three Native American Nations in Arizona!
No! Indian Nation....
Will ever deal with an outsider!
AND!
Can You Blame Them?

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
To a Native Amercan Warrior, if you take something from a "White Eye" that he prizes very highly, Horse, gun, money/gold or !
His Life!
You have taken power & or, have power over him! :-\

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
It is proverbially true that an Indian returns good for good, but never returns good for evil; he returns bad for bad and generally with accumulated interest. The inhabitants of New Hampshire were in a state of intense anxiety during the whole nine years of the war, realizing that the Indians held this hostile feeling toward them, and this anxiety was further increased by the fact that the French took a very active part in urging the Indians to captivate or even exterminate the English colonies. The Indians took their captives to Canada, and the French rewarded them with a small sum of money per head, and charged the poor colonists a heavy ransom for their relatives and friends, and in this way managed to pay quite a portion of the expense of the war.

http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nh/county/hillsborough/goffstown/book/chap10.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread