What's new

Urr the Wait is killing me!

NoNeck

Full Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2010
Messages
106
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wichita Falls, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Garrett PP, Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered two new detectors and they are sopossed to be here today. A Minelab Safari, and MPX Digital from Kellyco. Already researched some places to hunt and can not wait.

I am taking this hobby very serious I want to start a club in my area and I am also a reseller of products so i am in the process of getting set up to offer, gold prospecting euipt, Garrett, Tesoro, Fisher, and Teknetics detectors and Accessories.
 
I plan to go to some parks today and maybe even hit a celler hoe. I think the parks might get me some fresh coins since it was labor day weekend. Any way if I find anything good I will post it.
 
Ley us know how you do, good or bad. :icon_thumright: Remember we like pics too. :laughing9:
 
Well, I hunted for around 2 hr's and found mostly junk did find one 1958 D wheati. I am disappointed in my detector. i am not sure if i am doing something wrong or if it is the detector but I will get hits all over and some times I do not find anything other times it's some trash pull tab or iron and my detector would be set on coin/jewelery or just coin and it still detects pull tabs and what not.
 
NoNeck, WF is one of the hottest places in America, not for coins but heat
index. Those coins are probably wiggling down deep to escape. That Safari,
you will have to learn a little at a time. The Detector Brands board should give
you some pointers. The other I know nothing about.
I use to hunt some in WF and there was a fool down there who made all the
parks using an army shovel tearing up the grass. Hope someone clued him in
on coinshooting etiquite. I just saw him doing that and being a stranger in
town didn't try to step in. Good luck to ya.
 
NoNeck said:
Well, I hunted for around 2 hr's and found mostly junk did find one 1958 D wheati. I am disappointed in my detector. i am not sure if i am doing something wrong or if it is the detector but I will get hits all over and some times I do not find anything other times it's some trash pull tab or iron and my detector would be set on coin/jewelery or just coin and it still detects pull tabs and what not.

Don't know the detector your using but

Coin/Jewelry is also the area of
Gold/cantabs/nickels

Coin is also in the area of
Nickels/Cantabs

Only way to cut out cantabs
is to set it high enough to Ignore
Gold & Nickels
(Full disc)

then you will still find Screw top Caps, Coins
(other then Nickels,
Aluminum cans, Copper wire Bits Etc.

there is no 100% fix
 
Well, I can send the detector back for it to be checked out but I am taking a little more time to use it before doing that to see if it's just me. it could just be learning this detector and all.
 
Another "safari" for sale cheap soon i'm guessing? :laughing9:

Look friend, detecting isn't an "instant riches" kinda thing ok? It's always possible...but in the main it's a LOT of learning, a lot of reading up on past posts on sites such as this, and a TREMENDOUS amount of digging crap and being disappointed! :BangHead:
Targets HAVE to be in the ground to be found, and also you HAVE to walk over them to find them! There's an art to this which needs to be learnt, along with 50% of luck in the mix. The safari's a very good detector,especially on the beaches,but like ALL detectors...it'll only find what there is to find!
Pulltabs,beer/soft drinks cans and parts thereof, nails,nuts bolts screws and a million other crap things made of metal will all sound off and mostly have to be dug. You can't discriminate out the pulltabs because if you do then you'll miss any gold.
I understand what a pain this really is..trust me lol...but you're not alone,every other detectorist in the world goes through what you are now!
We live and learn from the experiences and mistakes.If you're serious about this hobby, then take the pain and eventually the good times will arrive! :wink:
 
Blame this man

in 1962, Ermal Cleon Fraze (1913-1989)
of Dayton, Ohio,
invented the integral rivet and pull-tab
(also known as ring pull )
after
having had to resort to a car bumper
to open a can while picnicking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beverage_can
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom