US Coin Maybe?

CodyCat Borat

Jan 15, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra-50, Whites classic 2
Today I found a gold colored coin that kind of resembles the new president dollars. It is exactly the same size. The color looks a bit more bronze. It came up as #27 on a minelab xtera50.

It has an eagle on the front flying over a shield resembling the U.S. flag. A small vb is under the eagle. It says United States of America around the top and Liberty on the bottom. The other side says CTX 808 vb in the center and is surrounded by fig leafs. It has a design all the way around.

My camera isn't working so i can not upload a picture at this time but will ASAP.

Does anybody knows what this might be?

Al

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
you just described the United States Territories Sheild. heres a Phillapino coin i found with the Shield on it. is this what it looks like?

Attachments

• 09-07-2008 10;59;50AM.jpg
    09-07-2008 10;59;50AM.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,621
  • 09-07-2008 10;59;50AM.jpg
    09-07-2008 10;59;50AM.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 2,588
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CodyCat Borat

CodyCat Borat

Jan 15, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra-50, Whites classic 2
hollowpointred said:
you just described the United States Territories Sheild. heres a Phillapino coin i found with the Shield on it. is this what it looks like?

Not exactly. The eagle is in the flying mode and is facing to the left.

Upvote 0

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Sounds like a flying eagle token.In memory of the flying eagle cent???? :icon_study:

Upvote 0

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
CodyCat Borat said:
Today I found a gold colored coin that kind of resembles the new president dollars. It is exactly the same size. The color looks a bit more bronze. It came up as #27 on a minelab xtera50.

It has an eagle on the front flying over a shield resembling the U.S. flag. A small vb is under the eagle. It says United States of America around the top and Liberty on the bottom. The other side says CTX 808 vb in the center and is surrounded by fig leafs. It has a design all the way around.

My camera isn't working so i can not upload a picture at this time but will ASAP.

Does anybody knows what this might be?

Al

Does it look anything like this one?

http://www.vanbrooktokens.com/tokens1.htm

Attachments

• flying eagle.jpg
    flying eagle.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 2,513
Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a common modern token made by VanBrook Token Company (VB) used for amusement/car washes/ etc. Click on this link and you will find it down near the bottom of the examples listed for sale by this current token company.

http://www.vanbrooktokens.com/immediateship.htm

Here is a quote about their CTX Token and why it is made. It appears that the alloys in the token can be changed to allow a machine that it is designed for to identify it from other tokens. This keeps people from being able to put a slug in the machine and get the service or product that the merchant is offering. Learn something new every day. These tokens are used for higher dollar products.

Here is the quote:

CTX TOKENS™
Our high security CTX Tokens are made from special alloys not commonly found in coins or tokens. Each has a unique electronic signature so coin mechs can distinguish them from other tokens. We offer over 18 unique varieties, all available with controlled area distribution exclusivity. They are recommended for values of 50¢ or more.

Here is you pic.

Attachments

• Token.jpg
    Token.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 2,302
  • Token2.jpg
    Token2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 2,279
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread