What's new

US Large Cent

Sandskimmer

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
56
Reaction score
59
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lancaster, Pa
Detector(s) used
BH Discovery 2200, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First day out with my AT Gold (shout out to HighPlainsHunter for being a fantastic seller) netted me my first non clad coin, a US Large Cent!

As you can see from the pictures it's in abysmal condition. Enough that I can't even be able to decipher a date. Called around to local coin shops and they told me it wasn't worth my money to get it cleaned. I'd still like to remove some of the corrosion just to see if I could bring out any detail, purely for sentimental reasons. I've had it soaking in peroxide for about 12 hours, which only brought a little more detail out. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and happy hunting.

Will

2015-10-05 13-03-01.653.webp2015-10-05 13-02-08.255.webp
 
Upvote 10
Let me guess, a farm find? I've found many LC's on farms that look just like that! Just use that as motivation to find the silver coins in there ..

Congrats for on your first large cent/non clad

Steve
 
Congrats on pulling something other than clad. :occasion14: It may be toasted, but it's still a great find.
 
If the detail doesn't come out visibly you can still take a pencil rubbing of the coin that might reveal a date. Try that if the peroxide doesn't help with any further detail. Congrats on your first large cent. :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom