What's new

US Mint program on Travel Channel

Was it the one that features a North Carolina quarter several times in the program.
If it was, it is several years old, but they air it several times each year.
I like the way they take the 22" strip or gold and flatten it until in is about 12' long.
Also watch for reruns of a program called Cash and Treasures.
 
dave5710 said:
Was it the one that features a North Carolina quarter several times in the program.
If it was, it is several years old, but they air it several times each year.
I like the way they take the 22" strip or gold and flatten it until in is about 12' long.
Also watch for reruns of a program called Cash and Treasures.


I didn't see that part, but it might have been in the first half. One part I saw showed a guy who makes what many here call "magic coins". The one he was making was a sacagewea with a quarter obverse on the other side. Seemed like the same process they would use to make the magic halves.

Jim
 
I'm pretty sure it is the same show. In the beginning they show how dies are made, and the security involved. They also show how gold in melted and the tiny amounts of silver and copper that go into gold. How proofs are packaged, never being touched by human skin. There is also a program on printing currency, from how to make the paper(cloth) to printing, cutting and distribution. Cool stuff.
 
nice link
and
cash and treasures has always been entertaining for me
hh
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom