What's new

US Navy Button 1852-1877

Joined
May 27, 2015
Messages
10
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
York Township, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I moved in the last week to an old house in a rural area in Ohio. The house was built in 1890 according to Zillow. So after unpacking I got my first opportunity to do some hunting at the new spread. The first hole I dug I found this button. I used an older post on treasure net to figure out what it was. The link to the site I used is The Treasure Depot Button Project I am reposting it in case anyone else has a use for it.

Although I do not think the button is in good enough condition to be worth a fortune I am very pleased to have found it and it is my oldest find to date. Also a coincidence that I found it on Veterans Day as well.
 

Attachments

  • 20151111_204524.webp
    20151111_204524.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 6
None of my finds are " worth a fortune " to anyone but me! I would love to find that button!
 
Unfortunately the back is trashed, nothing left but a hole. If you really want to see I I can post a pick but its hollowed out with some mud packed in it.
 
Unfortunately the back is trashed, nothing left but a hole. If you really want to see I I can post a pick but its hollowed out with some mud packed in it.

Still an interesting dig but if the back appears rusted it is likely a civilian blazer button.
 
An exploratory hunt that gives up an old piece like that is a good sign. Happy hunting, you only need to walk out the door and start swinging.
 
Thanks...I did a few feet and have 1 and 3/4 acres to go; unfortunately an Ohio winter is looming and it may have to wait for the spring.
 
Very nice first find,,,
I wouldn't mind rolling out of bed and hitting a backyard,, lol
 
Very nice military button. I would love to have that yard !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom