What's new

used V3i

kevkirki

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2011
Messages
658
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
denver, colorado
Detector(s) used
M6/coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A good friend of mine wants to sell me his Whites V3i. I think its over a year old and he hunts 2-3 times a week. He hasn't hit me with a price and I haven't a clue what to offer...any ideas?. And yes he loves it, just ready to jump up again. Thanks for the help. :hello:
 
Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 6 or 700 for it (and that's just to fiddle with, I wouldn't actually trust it out in the field). It's not a step up from the DFX unless pretty colors are your thing.

I absolutely love hunting with DFX / v3i guys. They spend the whole time changing their settings and trying to figure out why they aren't finding anything while I run circles around them. I've hunted v3i guys own yards and cleaned up on silver while they couldn't find any. And then they start mumbling about how they must not have had it set up correctly for that particular yard.
 
Hi,
The White V3i does have a learning curve, but after you do get it set you will find deeper targets. Go to White's web site Support/User Forums/Spectra V-Series and ask now good it is. And I don't spend all by time adjusting settings it has different modes that I have setup for different types of detecting. Set and ground balance then Hunt.
 
BridgeHunter said:
Go to White's web site Support/User Forums/Spectra V-Series and ask now good it is.

That's the same place I would recommend for unbiased answers to my questions. :icon_thumleft:
 
bazinga said:
Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 6 or 700 for it (and that's just to fiddle with, I wouldn't actually trust it out in the field). It's not a step up from the DFX unless pretty colors are your thing.

I absolutely love hunting with DFX / v3i guys. They spend the whole time changing their settings and trying to figure out why they aren't finding anything while I run circles around them. I've hunted v3i guys own yards and cleaned up on silver while they couldn't find any. And then they start mumbling about how they must not have had it set up correctly for that particular yard.

He did hate it when he first got it but after a couple of weeks of playing with it he now loves it. It was a V3 and he sent it in for the upgrade to make it a i.

still think i will buy new so i know for sure what i have. I'm at 800 if i do it...Thanks for the help :icon_thumright:
 
Pretty well used...$1400 new. If it were me I'd ask around $800, a little more if he's got accessories.

I personally think the Vision, (got mine when they first came out) is easier than the DFX which I had for about a year and a half.
It's all personal opinion and ability to understand a machine.

Al
 
deepskyal said:
Pretty well used...$1400 new. If it were me I'd ask around $800, a little more if he's got accessories.

I personally think the Vision, (got mine when they first came out) is easier than the DFX which I had for about a year and a half.
It's all personal opinion and ability to understand a machine.

Al

Thats what Im thinking Al....Its a V3 with a upgrade. I think hes thinking alot more but I will buy new if I spend any more. Ill have to check out the Vision...Thanks for the help HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom