What's new

Using Pinpointer

mlayers

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2007
Messages
5,579
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if you use a pinpointer. If you do which one you use and why? I was looking to buy one and was trying to find the pro and cons on which one to get....Thanks Matt
 
You can pay $20 or $300 for a pinpointer. The higher dollar ones usually detect at a larger distance. I prefer one that has a maximum distance of 1", since I am trying to pinpoint. I find that all do there jobs.

Ed D.
 
1", from the tip to the target. If you just want to try one, get a centech from harbour freight. Its under twenty bucks and works well.
 
can someone post some links to buy pinpointer? :thumbsup:
 
I have an old tiny tech that never fails but recently I purchased a garret pro pointer, man that is one slick pointer with one slick little belt holster. Git chew one!!!
HH John :wav: :blob6:
 
Garrett Propointer. Love it. It also works as fine hand-held MD'er for near surface coins. Was waiting at the doctor's office the other day and there was a strip of grass (barrier island) that I detected using just the pinpointer. I was able to sweep the surface and pull out the change that was dropped without having to look conspicuous.
 
Diver_Down said:
Garrett Propointer. Love it. It also works as fine hand-held MD'er for near surface coins. Was waiting at the doctor's office the other day and there was a strip of grass (barrier island) that I detected using just the pinpointer. I was able to sweep the surface and pull out the change that was dropped without having to look conspicuous.

You mean more conspicous ;D

Anyone know of a shoe sole mounted metal detector? Might look funny swinging your leg though ;D
 
Thanks all that responed....Matt
 
Pinpointing Devices allow you to spend more time detecting, and less time sifting through dirt piles, while trying to find your treasure. I prefer a separate pinpointer rather than an inline unit. I just don't want the added weight to my DFX. I use the Vibraprobe 560, which has been replaced by the 580. It is totally submersible and has no on off switch. I had two White's Bullseye probes fail on my due to faulty switches.

I highly recommend the Vibraprobe. http://www.treasureproducts.com/vibraprobe.html
 
Goodyguy said:
Diver_Down said:
Garrett Propointer. Love it. It also works as fine hand-held MD'er for near surface coins. Was waiting at the doctor's office the other day and there was a strip of grass (barrier island) that I detected using just the pinpointer. I was able to sweep the surface and pull out the change that was dropped without having to look conspicuous.

You mean more conspicous ;D

Anyone know of a shoe sole mounted metal detector? Might look funny swinging your leg though ;D

Nah, no one even looked my way while I squatted and waved the pinpointer over the surface. 15 min. wait and pulled over a dollars worth out of that strip. Placing your thumb over the speaker makes the propointer very quiet. Just wave the pointer and wait for the vibration.
 
Diver_Down said:
Goodyguy said:
Diver_Down said:
Garrett Propointer. Love it. It also works as fine hand-held MD'er for near surface coins. Was waiting at the doctor's office the other day and there was a strip of grass (barrier island) that I detected using just the pinpointer. I was able to sweep the surface and pull out the change that was dropped without having to look conspicuous.

You mean more conspicous ;D

Anyone know of a shoe sole mounted metal detector? Might look funny swinging your leg though ;D


Nah, no one even looked my way while I squatted and waved the pinpointer over the surface. 15 min. wait and pulled over a dollars worth out of that strip. Placing your thumb over the speaker makes the propointer very quiet. Just wave the pointer and wait for the vibration.

Cool I'll try it tomorrow.
 

Attachments

  • shoedetect.webp
    shoedetect.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 141
Diver_Down said:
2" inch depth detection and blazing yellow case. Talk about stealth...

And how is it on wind drag? See, I attempt to keep the feet swift and aerodynamic :tard:

I have a *slightly* used vibraphone. The more I use it, the more I depend on it. Funny cause the first few times I used it, I found it to be a bit cumbersome and a hassle; diggin tool, pin pointer, MD...a vicious cycle. LOL
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom