What's new

Winter Detecting Gloves...

sibbley

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2023
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
5,136
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, XP Deus 2, Deeptech Vista X, Nokta Makro Invenio Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you use for detecting gloves in the winter to protect from cold and wet situations? I already use gloves with cut and puncture protection, but they're not great for keeping hands warm and dry. Our safety guy at work showed me some that looked great, but they have steel in them for impact protection. Those won't work well using a pinpointer. :laughing7:
 
What do you use for detecting gloves in the winter to protect from cold and wet situations? I already use gloves with cut and puncture protection, but they're not great for keeping hands warm and dry. Our safety guy at work showed me some that looked great, but they have steel in them for impact protection. Those won't work well using a pinpointer. :laughing7:
Hi ya Sibbley,
Saw your post but didn't see any responses attached, did you ever find a pair of gloves? That's my main issue as well, hands get so cold and hard to find anything that helps.
Good hunting.
 
Hey Cuda, I haven't found anything yet that I've actually bought. Cut resistant gloves are nice, but they have no lining to keep you warm. If I find something, I'll definitely post it here.
 
Not necessarily just for detecting, but I like the Boss thinsulate lined deerskin gloves. They're around twenty bucks a pair and keep my hands pretty warm when out shoveling snow. Your post got me thinking, I should probably go fetch a new pair tomorrow at Tractor Supply.
 

Attachments

  • 20260127_215638.webp
    20260127_215638.webp
    669.9 KB · Views: 43
Am i mistaken ? I have seen Electric coats, Vests, Boats I have never seen electric gloves
 
What do you use for detecting gloves in the winter to protect from cold and wet situations? I already use gloves with cut and puncture protection, but they're not great for keeping hands warm and dry. Our safety guy at work showed me some that looked great, but they have steel in them for impact protection. Those won't work well using a pinpointer. :laughing7:
I've been using these for the last 6-7 years; I'm on my second or third pair. they cover my arms up to my armpits, they are oversize so they can fit over a heavy sweatshirt or some jackets. the problem with other gloves I have used is in cold water your hands tend to sweat and get freezing cold, since these are larger, I buy those brown cotton work gloves you get in home depot and wear them as liners. I'm in the NYC area and used these in ice covered water salt and fresh. I searched the web and found them at the above supplier, but you can find them at other MD businesses. Any questions contact me.
 
I've got a set of neoprene gauntlet gloves I used for panning in the colder months,
and even during the summer as most of our creeks and rivers are full of glacial melt..
meaning it's freakin' cold water.

Mike B (I'm another Mike B..lol) has got the right idea. I used to use a set of what
he's showing during trapping season, as I could reach down in the water to pull a
set and not get my arms all wet, which would immediately freeze up if cold enough.
 
Last edited:
What do you use for detecting gloves in the winter to protect from cold and wet situations? I already use gloves with cut and puncture protection, but they're not great for keeping hands warm and dry. Our safety guy at work showed me some that looked great, but they have steel in them for impact protection. Those won't work well using a pinpointer. :laughing7:
This video must've been posted on YouTube the same day I saw your post. Thought you would get a better idea how good they are with liners inside them. The video isn't about the gloves, I just happened to see them in it. .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom