USMA button

Whatdayagot

Aug 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if this is old or the significance of the design found at the 1700 s house West Point approx 15 miles from site image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Upvote 4
BOY I THOUGHT IT WAS A HEM WEIGHT BUT NOW IM NOT SURE UNLESS ITS MILITARY RELATED . DANG NICE FIND NEW MEMBER .....

I'm just assuming United States military academy. West point. Looks early for them. Mid to late 1800's? Only guessing.

Google image search your finds. Usually find info. That's a good one! Maybe it was Gen. Lee's or Grants! Lol. Possible though...

I'm just assuming United States military academy. West point. Looks early for them. Mid to late 1800's? Only guessing.

Cool thanks I live very close to West Point I will find out and let u know what they say

Hope you do. I believe the U.S army modernized there. Ton's of notable graduate's. This Canuck watched Ken Burns "The civil war". Lol. It is an excellent find.

Confirmed I'd on USMA button

Hope you do. I believe the U.S army modernized there. Ton's of notable graduate's. This Canuck watched Ken Burns "The civil war". Lol. It is an excellent find.

Spoke to the curator at the West Point museum and he said it is a late 19 the century trouser button trouser fly or trouser button I emailed him back about the insignia waiting on reply he also invited me to the museum to look at my other buttons and show me how to preserve them

Cool button find, I'd take the guy up on his offer.

Hot diggity can't determine if my button was lee's or grants but I was fortunate enough to find these today at the West Point museumimage.jpegimage.jpegfirst one is lees coat is grants

Cool button, love to fine one someday due to my love of military history no doubt

Yeah def take the offer! Awesome button though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back