Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you specify no meaningless thoughts and prayers there,s not much left to say for most individuals.No diss meant to RGINN, that,s just what it is. Any thing else inevitably falls into the political realm by default.
I don't take it as a diss I meant the flippant use of that phrase. I guess a little harder to explain than I thought it would be. When that guy showed up at the school is when we could have done something meaningful. Prayer is about all we can offer now. One thing that really bothered me about this, is when they were flashing pics of the victims on the TV, that one girl looked exactly like one of our granddaughters. My heart jumped, but then I remembered Gabby's not in Texas. Brought it a little closer to home, and I wouldn't have any idea what to say to those families, cause nothin will change what happened.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't take it as a diss I meant the flippant use of that phrase. I guess a little harder to explain than I thought it would be. When that guy showed up at the school is when we could have done something meaningful. Prayer is about all we can offer now. One thing that really bothered me about this, is when they were flashing pics of the victims on the TV, that one girl looked exactly like one of our granddaughters. My heart jumped, but then I remembered Gabby's not in Texas. Brought it a little closer to home, and I wouldn't have any idea what to say to those families, cause nothin will change what happened.
You are a good man, RGINN. Thanks for your post.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha RGINN! Not so hard to explain after all. Thanks.In all honesty you got caught up in an ongoing pi-- fight,sorry to do that to you! Crash!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotcha RGINN! Not so hard to explain after all. Thanks.In all honesty you got caught up in an ongoing pi-- fight,sorry to do that to you! Crash!
You're fine Crash! On one side of that tragedy, there's some conversation goin on between me and my former LEO associates about our opinions on the police response to this, and of course we have them. I won't go into them in this post.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
No need to ask me twice to look out for an infant or child during a temporary need when a parent or guardian needs to briefly tend a distraction. And no need to worry about it.
No lines drawn due to parents or guardians race or religion or politics ect..

But , we can't let a sociopath interact with them. Yet we do.
Not having the mind of someone pursuing horrid things without conscious in a way we can understand makes it confusing. And can lead to fooling ourselves as to potential remedy.

So sadly as ever; don't even trust me based on my claim as you trust no one else with a child's well being. We'll never reach 100% security.
Exhaust effort through vigilance every second and hardening resistance.

Last thing I'd have in even an imagined utopian society here is firepower on hand in advance to intervene in a schools trespass. But it's past time for such.
Laws don't stop certain minds.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More rights for gun ownership- less rights for mentally deranged people that give every sign they’re dangerous.

Simplistic and political view on this subject.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe,maybe not.

You can't buy alcohol in Texas until you're 21 because you're not mature enough to drink responsibly, but you can buy a gun when you turn 18? Something's screwed up there.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't buy alcohol in Texas until you're 21 because you're not mature enough to drink responsibly, but you can buy a gun when you turn 18? Something's screwed up there.
Well,you can join the Army and be trained to kill people you,ve never even met and in extreme cases be drafted against your will for the same thing when you,re 18. Seems to me there,s something screwed up about that too.If you,re not mature enough to drink alcohol,you,re not mature enough to survive combat without serious mental problems. That said I,d go for the 21 years to buy a gun if the age to join the Military is raised to 21. However,it,d probably be harder to get a bunch of 21 year olds to charge a hill than a bunch of 18 year olds.More mature,less amenable to bullshit. I,m a Marine Corps veteran,been there,joined at 19.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well,you can join the Army and be trained to kill people you,ve never even met and in extreme cases be drafted against your will for the same thing when you,re 18. Seems to me there,s something screwed up about that too.If you,re not mature enough to drink alcohol,you,re not mature enough to survive combat without serious mental problems. That said I,d go for the 21 years to buy a gun if the age to join the Military is raised to 21. However,it,d probably be harder to get a bunch of 21 year olds to charge a hill than a bunch of 18 year olds.More mature,less amenable to bullshit. I,m a Marine Corps veteran,been there,joined at 19.
Thank you for your service.

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
The shooting was tragic, the police response maybe more tragic. I think the local police should be given yellow uniforms. Too scared to go after shooter for an hour. No heroes there.
Is yellow the new blue?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is yellow the new blue?
I,m not going to defend the police who didn,t go in immediately. One thing,all but a very select few react under stress as they were trained,I,d say the training needs to change as to it,s emphasis on tactics.Immediate neutralization of the threat should be the emphasis and to heck with the Monday morning quarterbacking.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a fan of the police, but it's hard to run into the line of fire when the perp has a weapon that probably makes your gun look like a peashooter.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a fan of the police, but it's hard to run into the line of fire when the perp has a weapon that probably makes your gun look like a peashooter.
An AR-15 is not a 155mm howitzer.Every squad car these days has an AR-15 or actual select fire M16.12 gauge shotguns are regular issue too.An AR-15 does not make a shotgun look like a peashooter,it,s not some magic wand of destruction. It,s a weapon,no more or less deadly than any other weapon,the cartridge it fires is less powerful than the old 30-30 Winchester deer rifle. None of these shooters are trained infantrymen,training is what makes the difference in a situation like this,but it has to be the right training for the situation and the decision makers have to be able to know when to switch tactics as the situation demands.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it is 19 police to 1 shooter and children are being murdered running in isn't that hard a choice.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have the same weapons, except police have full auto versions.

Police departments have bought about 100,000 full-auto rifles from government surplus. Those are not evenly distributed amongst officers, but are concentrated in SWAT services.

The general beat cop will have one or two pistols on them. One short-barrel shot gun in the car between the front seats. And, one rifle in the trunk. That rifle is usually a semi-auto, AR-15 or similar. But it could be a full-auto M-16.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a VERY GOOD POINT CRASH !!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread