What's new

V Nickel and Indian Head Cent, Value?

relichunters

Bronze Member
Joined
May 4, 2008
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
36
Golden Thread
0
Location
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I was at a flea market in the middle of nowhere. Way out in the sticks, and there was some coins for sale. I tried reading price guides and I don't understand them at all.

Would you consider this a good deal?

1912 V Nickel (Liberty) VG Paid $1.00
1898 Indian Head Penny VF (Perfect condition, near Uncirculated) Paid $4.00
 
Check the mint mark, if any, on the 'V'; the "S" mintmark is the most valuable.
Overall, you did well, even without the "S" mintmark.
Don......
 
Thanks Don, I researched and saw that only 1908 and 1909 indian head pennies have mint marks, so mine doesn't. Also the 1912 V Nickel didn't have any mint marks.

But with the IH in VF condition I bet in another 10 years it will increase pretty well in price.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom