V3i vs. Etrac on Small Gold....Here is the result...

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil you might have seen this before but I don't think I ever posted this find on Treasurenet but I recovered this small 4H clover at about 4 inches with the D2 coil and I basically was running Magic's setup for coins and jewelry on my V3i. A friend watched me when I dug this, at the time he was using my MXT and he was amazed that I could find something this small after watching me sifting through the dirt in the palm of my hand to find it. It tested 10K.

Attachments

• 4H.JPG
    4H.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 1,829

Agus

Mar 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear all,

First, thanks for these informative comparisons. Im trying to buy an specially sensitive metal detector for field research on small subterranean animals. I dont want to waste public money so im looking for people with experience looking for really small objects, something about the size of 3 or 4 joint staples. Could any body please tell me what detector could detect most reliably the horizontal position and depth of such a small object (the metal type does not matter, I can use either gold or iron) within 6 inches of dry or humid sand? is it possible to get an accurate idea of the depth (error within 1 and 2 inches)?
Also , Im new to this list, should I raise another topic to talk about this?

Thanks again!
Agus

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in this game the higher the khz the tinier the target on a low conducting metal

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
For the tiniest gold, the Fisher Goldbug or Goldbug II at 71kz is the best at detecting the smallest gold flakes, but it has no depth gauge and limited depth. At 31kz the Goldbug Pro/ Teknetics G2 will give depth reading on small objects fairly acurately down to about 6 inches. Again this is for low conductivity targets.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the tiniest gold, the Fisher Goldbug or Goldbug II at 71kz is the best at detecting the smallest gold flakes, but it has no depth gauge and limited depth. At 31kz the Goldbug Pro/ Teknetics G2 will give depth reading on small objects fairly acurately down to about 6 inches. Again this is for low conductivity targets.

Gold Bug Pro and Teknetics G2 run at 19 kHz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread