V3i with SEF 15X12 Coil

daddyflea

Greenie
Mar 18, 2011
I am hunting a very old Fair Grounds that is really difficult to hunt. It is Mineralized and has brush cut off at 2-3" inches off the ground. I have found 6 Coins to date with the newest being 1937. My Coil is bad so I ordered a 6X10 replacement and a SEF 15X12 hoping this big coil will help cover ground and get better depth.

Anybody have experience with this Coil on a V3i and is it truly V rated. I saw some posts that said this coil was not really V rated. I also saw somewhere that Whites was going to start some sort of relationship with the Detech or SEF coils. Anybody know what is going on?

If the coil is white then its supposed to be v rated. I have the 12x15 sef for my v3i and love it , its a little heavy but runs smooth as can be. I just don't get to use it much the places I go are a little trashy .

I have found coils that big to be limited to large open areas with little trash. I used a SEF 10x12 "V" nulled coil on my V3i and VX3 and in my opinion, it was a near perfect large coil. It was the newer white colored coil and worked great at higher sensitivity on my V series Whites. It was lighter and had a sharper detection area than the Whites D2. From what I am hearing, Whites, the company is going to offer the SEF 10x12 as an optional coil. If you have not ordered your big 12x15, I would cancel and try the new 10x12. This is just my humble opinion and I have made a couple of mistakes trying coils that were too big to be practical.

Thanks it is already on the way. But I guess I could send it back. Thing is large upen places is exactly why I wanted it. I have several places to hunt that are at least 10 acres in size and should be relatively free of trash.

I have found coils that big to be limited to large open areas with little trash. I used a SEF 10x12 "V" nulled coil on my V3i and VX3 and in my opinion, it was a near perfect large coil. It was the newer white colored coil and worked great at higher sensitivity on my V series Whites. It was lighter and had a sharper detection area than the Whites D2. From what I am hearing, Whites, the company is going to offer the SEF 10x12 as an optional coil. If you have not ordered your big 12x15, I would cancel and try the new 10x12. This is just my humble opinion and I have made a couple of mistakes trying coils that were too big to be practical.

You will love the coil then . I have the 8x6 sef on the way right now I had two bad 10x12 sef coils sent two me so I just told them to send me the 8x6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back