What's new

Vacation finds-Myrtle beach SC

Massieville Mike

Full Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Messages
226
Reaction score
254
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finds from recent Myrtle beach trip, week after Arthur.
image.webp
Found using Teknetics Gamma 6000. Found most in dry sand. The Gamma did work in the wet sand with sensitivity reduced. Found one earring, a couple pull tabs, and a few clad coins in the wet sand with sensitivity between 30 and 60%. It went bonkers when it hit the saltwater. Could not get it to quiet down, even at only 10% sensitivity. No surprise though, I knew/know it's not saltwater compatible. I was, however, surprised that it worked as well as it did in the wet sand, albeit at a reduced sensitivity. Worked great in the dry. First time I have found a matching pair of earrings (the big flower ones). Found one, then a half hour to an hour later and a hundred yards away, I found it's mate. No silver, no gold, but a lot of fun! I wanted to take a beach/saltwater machine with me, however finances would not allow it this time around. Maybe next time, God willing. HH
 
Upvote 0
You did very well. It is not the easiest beach to detect.
 
I stopped in Myrtle Beach last night on our way to Boone North Carolina. Detected the wet sand on 76th Avenue north for a couple hours this morning. Found only a couple of clad coins and a couple junk earrings and that was it for me. We're now back on the road to Boone.
 
very nice great way to start a vaction way to go
 
You had a great hunt, Mike:headbang:

Lorraine
 
Bit of variety there
 
Great loader - it would go right into my sand box!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom