What's new

Vacation with Earthquakes

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
⛮ Administrator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
56,457
Reaction score
72,721
Golden Thread
0
I'm in Southern Philippines on vacation, we had earthquake at 4:45 am this morning, rocked inlaws house pretty good, another reported off Okinawa this evening, we are at a beach resort in mid Mindanao now, good news is we are 10 feet off the ground at resort so if a tsunami happens to hit odds are better.


20190713_130342.webp

20190713_130336.webp

20190713_130214.webp

View attachment 1732268
 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1563024726544.webp
    FB_IMG_1563024726544.webp
    84 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Be safe and good Hunting! :occasion14:
 
Wow that looks so cool I need a vacation its been well over 10 yeas Kids and now Collage I dont think Im ever going to get one. Stay safe out there and have fun. My favorate Radio show Host used to live there Art Bell I still listen to old shows and Coast to Coast. Hope you find some treasure after the storm....Tommy
 
Looks nice, keep the pics coming
 
Treasure Hunter, sorry to hear this is going on during your vacation. Be safe and here's wishing Safety to your in-laws and everyone effected. As said, maybe some treasure will wash up for you to find. God's Speed and take care.
 
Watch him find yamashitas gold while he’s there, wouldn’t that just frost your Brussels sprouts!
 
Make sure you know which way "uphill" is, if there is an uphill.
 
When i saw the middle picture, I thought the girls were walking toward the camera carrying sand scoops, then closer inspection revealed just flip-flops.

Is there a tsunami warning system there?
 
Take good care..
 
All is good, only 1 small after shock that I personally felt.

I have lots of pictures but internet access is poor most times due to remote locations so hard to upload pictures.
 
Awesome looking beach vacation. I felt a small quake when I lived in Hayward California around 1976. It happened in the wee hours of the morning and I woke up hearing a rumble and things like an ashtray on the night stand were chattering. I lived pretty much on the top of the Hayward falt back then.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom