Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Searched property of a late 1800's home place.Couple of old plows points which I didn't show. Tootsie car,Chicago USA/ Harmonica reed with letters D.R.G.M. 478868 / Tap or Threader, MADE IN USA TR 16 /Couple paper shell brass, U.M.C.CO. NEW CLUB 12 /REM -UMC NEW CLUB 12. One object I couldn't figure what it was, unless it was something used for a horse. I put the half cent with it for size reference. Thanks for looking. HH RJ

Attachments

• photo (26).JPG
    photo (26).JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 79
  • photo (140).JPG
    photo (140).JPG
    55 KB · Views: 85
  • photo (139).JPG
    photo (139).JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 80
  • photo (141).JPG
    photo (141).JPG
    77 KB · Views: 76
  • photo (142).JPG
    photo (142).JPG
    108 KB · Views: 87
  • photo (143).JPG
    photo (143).JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 92
  • photo (144).JPG
    photo (144).JPG
    206.6 KB · Views: 80
  • photo (145).JPG
    photo (145).JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 81
  • photo (146).JPG
    photo (146).JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 4
Good One ! I tend to jump on any post where I see "half cent " found - because they are rare finds indeed .

Sorry couldn't resist.

HA! you had me on the half cent! I'm pretty sure the threaded piece is a tire valve stem

HA! you had me on the half cent! I'm pretty sure the threaded piece is a tire valve stem

After looking at it closer, I think your right. Thanks

Your blue and white glass was a bead on a necklace.

It looks like a piece of a shattered ganja bowl. It may have been buried there.

Could be that also although I don't see any resin not sure how I know to look for that though.:tongue3:

Lol, hooked the readers!!!

Not to rain on the parade but it looks more like a 5/8 cent ha!:laughing7:

After looking at it closer, I think your right. Thanks

That threaded piece is a "johnny bolt" used to hold down a toilet. Nice finds.

Congrats on the finds.

From I read on the internet... the glass piece is from a marijuana pipe. GL&HH.

Not sure what the treaded piece is, but I am awful curious. I found 5 of them last week at a new site I started hunting. They are like yours, being copper or brass or bronze material, that looks to have been chrome or shiny metal plated at one time. The main threaded shank is flattened on both sides. Some of the nuts remaining appear to be copper as well. do you folks still think these are "Johnny bolts" or tire valve stems? I don't have them in front of me now, but I don't remember them being hollow or having a hole through them as a valve stem would require??
bolts.JPG

Not sure what the treaded piece is, but I am awful curious. I found 5 of them last week at a new site I started hunting. They are like yours, being copper or brass or bronze material, that looks to have been chrome or shiny metal plated at one time. The main threaded shank is flattened on both sides. Some of the nuts remaining appear to be copper as well. do you folks still think these are "Johnny bolts" or tire valve stems? I don't have them in front of me now, but I don't remember them being hollow or having a hole through them as a valve stem would require??
View attachment 1081185

Correction; I just looked at these closer, and they do appear to be tire valve stems. They farmers must have thought they were worth hanging onto back in the day. HH

Just got home. After doing some more cleaning and probing with a tooth pick it is a valve stem.

photo (147).JPGphoto (148).JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back