What's new

vending machine question?

Jimmy@romega

Full Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2008
Messages
241
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
rome, ga
What is the likelyhood of finding silver coins in vending machines? I have notice vending people taking money out and putting money in is it possible to get a silver dime or quarter back in change? by chance during routine service. I know most likely it want take it just seeing if it would give change back.
 
Upvote 0
Both my brother and I have tried this before. It's totally not worth it. We've never found any silver. Sometimes the coins don't register and once the coin return didn't work and by brother lost $3.75.
 
I own a few vending machines at my neighborhood pool and find a couple silvers each summer, but this is out of thousands and lots of children pumping odd coins into them.
 
sister told me some guy at work needed to switch quarters because the coke machine wouldn't take his silver quarter...

I would think it is the same likely hood as a bank, higher volume of coins the more likely hood it will produce... I guess if you were to empty the machine maybe.
 
I took over filling the Coke machine at church in hopes of finding silver. I told the Coca Cola Service guy when he came to work on the machine. He said they wouldn't accept silver. My best chance would be to check the coin returns.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom