tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped to take a picture of this inscription on a rock. I first noticed it maybe 4 years ago. I saw it for the first time as I was to meet a fellow who was delivering me some stuff he was bringing up from Arizona. I told him I'd meet him at an intersection on a road to Ticaboo Utah. He gave me his location where he was when we last talked by cell. By my ETA, I should see him in an hour or so at the place I would be at. Well he took a wrong turn and that hour turned into almost 3 hours before he finally showed up. We both had no cell service after the last we talked and didn't after that last contact. As I sat there for 3 hours, wondering where the "F HE WAS", I noticed this inscription across the road. It's hard to notice. It says VERT STEWART JAN 14 1908. notice the backwards N. Also if not Vert?, Somebody also pecked dots in the rock with what looks like the Big Dipper and other stars in a pattern. I always wondered about this sign in the rock. It is on the old Spanish trail and did Vert add the pattern of stars or was it by someone else from an earlier time? Who was this Vert I wonder and what was he up to? There wouldn't be anyway in to this place without a pack animal back in 1908.... I can only speculate
???

Attachments

• vert stewart.jpg
    vert stewart.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 133

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread