What's new

Very early British hand saw

How Lucky

Full Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2015
Messages
244
Reaction score
907
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would anyone know this mark or would anyone have a guess on what it reads. This stamp is on an old British hand saw blade. On the far right I believe I can see a crown. On the top of the stamp I think it reads London. The rest is unknown. Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • British saw 1..webp
    British saw 1..webp
    195 KB · Views: 87
  • British saw 2.webp
    British saw 2.webp
    132.8 KB · Views: 76
  • British saw 3.webp
    British saw 3.webp
    161.2 KB · Views: 76
I'm not seeing London nor a crown.

My best guess is "SON" as the top word.

The underneath word is likely "GERMAN STEEL".
 
Upvote 0
Try filling letters with baking soda or baby powder. May help letters show up better.
 
Upvote 0
Yes, I believe that I read that they used German steel for the blades.
 
Upvote 0
Look at Disston hand saws to see if you can find a match
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom