What's new

Very interesting Thesis regarding ourselves/hobby to share

tomclark

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2006
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
1,643
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
This thesis was done by a friend and fellow collector in TX for his degree. This thesis touches on some very special attributes, reasoning, etc, etc. of collectors, the types of collectors, mindset, desires,why take "risks", sometime neglect family and duties, legacy, etc. I would love a discussion on some of the points he makes, especially the TERROR that may happen when one loses their collection or ability to collect because we identify with it so much. All of you will gain some insight that you might not have thought about regarding our hobby, MY hobby.
It's from Ray Gathright and he said we can share it, so I am. Thought provoking!:headbang::thumbsup:

raystexasindianartifacts.freehosting.net
Under My Files on the Tool Bar.
It's too long to post here effectively

Tommy Terror
 
Upvote 0
I just started reading it. I will get back to you after I have time to read the whole thing. This sounds extremely interesting to me and I would love to discuss with you!
 
thx INTSCRSHR! It's a bit to read, but about aspects of our hobby that I don't think people ponder much.....yet....
 
I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with Ray, his best friend Lewis, and couple other of their friends. We were sifting points out of one of their favorite lakes a few years ago. Ray found a super piece...... I think he was testing for school back then too.

GREAT PEOPLE, I've read plenty of Lewis's writings, and I am looking forward to reading Ray's thoughts knowing who has influenced him.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom