What's new

Very nice neck stock buckle

colonialct

Full Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2015
Messages
106
Reaction score
622
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a few relics this weekend including this. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2672.webp
    IMG_2672.webp
    785.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_2673.webp
    IMG_2673.webp
    430.8 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2674.webp
    IMG_2674.webp
    354.6 KB · Views: 206
  • P7155540.webp
    P7155540.webp
    333.4 KB · Views: 204
  • P7165559.webp
    P7165559.webp
    335.8 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 58
Terrific find! I don't remember ever seeing a post featuring a buckle like that one. Amazing condition to boot! Congrats!!!
 
Beautiful buckle, congratulations! :occasion14:
 
Its a great buckle , I was very happy to see you find it and id it for you on FB .
 
Thank you Dan I do appreciate the id.
 
Incredible neck stock buckle! That's a dream find for me and something I'd take over a shoe buckle any day.
 
Very interesting buckle ! How about that :idea1: I learn something new everyday ................ good day
 
Very nice example of a neck stock buckle. As others have said, definitely not a common find. Thanks for sharing.

Slightly off topic but can you imagine how long it would take to get dressed back in colonial days. You have all of the buttons, knee buckles, neck stock buckle, shoe buckles, cuff links, etc. Sure is easier today with zippers, snaps, and velcro.
 
Fantastic find. Definitely don't see many being dug. SC Digger and I have been fortunate to have dug 3 this year in our British camp-all 3 are different styles as well. Really fantastic finds and even though not part of any accoutrement package, they were deemed to be "a necessary" for the soldier.20160224_181400.webpIMG_3854.webp
 
Very Nice - wasn't even sure what I had found until a very knowledgeable colonial guy told me. Those are awesome
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom