What's new

Very old, unusual spear head found in So California

ferndale1

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 20, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
My father-in-law found this in So. California where some workmen had been digging. He estimated it was buried 3'-5'. It appears to be bronze and is almost exactly 6"x3". I can't find anything even close to it on the web. Any help with period or people would be greatly appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 20061221_0398_2.webp
    20061221_0398_2.webp
    11.8 KB · Views: 732
it looks to be more of a decorative finial, maybe from a flagpole or something. maybe an old boar spear, but not sure why it would be bronze. Cool find!
 
Upvote 0
That looks like an old Spanish standard top for there standard poll. Not sure but I think that is what it is.
 
Upvote 0
NOLA_Ken said:
it looks to be more of a decorative finial, maybe from a flagpole or something. maybe an old boar spear, but not sure why it would be bronze. Cool find!

I agree it looks decorative & not weapon like. Could be a finial to many different objects, so hard for me to guess, as I have not seen a similar one before.
 
Upvote 0
If it is sharp on the curved edge, it may be a chinese chopping tool, except you grab the long part and rock it back and forth without having to lift it to chop stuff........NGE
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom