Very unusual horseshoe

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
In the fact that it still has some horse attached to it.
FBDB732B-635A-4F4A-9A9B-A970A96EEB81.jpeg
83E91786-2A59-4EEB-928F-A223BBF6855B.jpeg

Upvote 10

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the horse that lost that was going to far. That is part of the hoof. It makes me sad when i see them like this. A lot of times it means the horse is fairly close to where it was found ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A hoof capsule may simply detach, become loose, and fall off in some cases of laminitis and other conditions causing blood flow problems. Despite this injury, horses can survive, but their hoof must be regrown.

OP
OP
Timbermaster

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
I reckon this horse got lost in the mountains and died or it was injured and euthanized. It was miles up in the mountains. Not a place horses would frequent except maybe outfitters.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems odd that the shoe looks like it has been in the weather for some time and there is still hoof left. I know that many critters love the hoof and they normally are consumed real fast. I wonder why this one looks untouched?
Maybe the right type of critters were not around ? I know my dog picks up and chews hoof trimmings . some answers 1, maybe it was below the ground. 2. How long had it been lost for ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread