What's new

Not what I was expecting

PlzBSeated

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
503
Reaction score
4,934
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found one decent and a couple rough coins today.

Coins Obverse 082026.webpCoins Reverse 082026.webp

Got a signal expecting another IHP. Had trouble locating it cause I was looking for a disc and kept ignoring the clump. Then realized...WTF?!

Class Ring Top 082026.webpClass Ring Side 082026.webp

Nice, heavy class ring. Left the IHP in the photo for size reference. These were found in a street tear out. This is the fourth year out of the last five years that I have found a gold ring in a tear out. Never expect them, but always welcome. Don't have a good scale. Estimate 22-25 grams at 10K. But I could be off.
Full name of the rightful owner is inscribed in the ring, so good bet I can return it. So far, appears the owner is out of state.

Horseshoe 082026.webp

And a horseshoe. Must have brought the good luck.

Today's finds...

(2) IHPs 1880, 1888
Liberty Nickel (1905?)
Large men's class ring, 10K
Horseshoe

PBS
 
Upvote 13
Found one decent and a couple rough coins today.

View attachment 2262945View attachment 2262946

Got a signal expecting another IHP. Had trouble locating it cause I was looking for a disc and kept ignoring the clump. Then realized...WTF?!

View attachment 2262947View attachment 2262948

Nice, heavy class ring. Left the IHP in the photo for size reference. These were found in a street tear out. This is the fourth year out of the last five years that I have found a gold ring in a tear out. Never expect them, but always welcome. Don't have a good scale. Estimate 22-25 grams at 10K. But I could be off.
Full name of the rightful owner is inscribed in the ring, so good bet I can return it. So far, appears the owner is out of state.

View attachment 2262949

And a horseshoe. Must have brought the good luck.

Today's finds...

(2) IHPs 1880, 1888
Liberty Nickel (1905?)
Large men's class ring, 10K
Horseshoe

PBS
Congrats on the gold ring, best of luck on the return.
It's kind of crazy to think a class ring of this size is worth a $1000 in scrap
 
Congrats on the great finds ! :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom