What's new

Vibra-Tector 730 for shallow water snorkeling/hunting

surreymovingsale

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi,

I'm thinking of going on vacation, but can't take a large conspicious metal detector with me. I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the beach and snorkeling in shallow water in touristy areas.

I'm wondering if it's worth buying a cheap Vibra-Tector 730, even though only has a 4" coil and a 3" depth?

Does anyone have experience using on a Vibra-Tector 730 and nothing else?

I have a lot of time to kill on the beach.

What do you think? Is it worth hunting using something so small? Will I even pick up anything?

J
 

Attachments

  • vibratector730.webp
    vibratector730.webp
    21.7 KB · Views: 655
Upvote 0
Save your money!... everything... including hitting the sand will make it vibrate. expect 1-2 inches depth ...max. Yes i have one. If you got money to burn.. go for it. I'm not trying to be rude, it just sucks! Most MD's can be broken down for travel... get a decent one please.
 
Maui Mike said:
Save your money!... everything... including hitting the sand will make it vibrate. expect 1-2 inches depth ...max. Yes i have one. If you got money to burn.. go for it. I'm not trying to be rude, it just sucks! Most MD's can be broken down for travel... get a decent one please.

Is it that bad? Maybe it's worth spending $400 extra and getting a tiger shark or something.

What beach MD's do you recommend in the $400-$600 range that can be broken down and put into a small suitcase?

J
 
If you can afford to spend $400-$600.. you can buy a fine MD. Almost all can break down for travel. A Tiger Shark maybe good for you. Much depends on where you will use it. At that price range you have several options. Take a bit of time and research ... and compare several models. I'll PM you.
 
Im still wondering why you say you cant take a large conspicious detector with you??? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
 
Wow hadn't seen this thing before. I wouldn't count on it for my main detector but with that said, this wouldn't be a bad option in places where you had to be "stealthy". Maybe a cruise or something or in a swim area where you want to be inconspicious. Better than no detector at all I say!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom