What's new

Victor Talking Machine Help

TreasureHunter02

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2015
Messages
53
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone! I recently purchased this VV-50 portable Victor Talking Machine. I recently tried to play it but it would not turn on its own. The previous owner said it would cranked too much and that’s why it won’t play. Any ideas on what to do to fix it? Thanks in advanced!
271BCFFF-172F-4B25-8BA7-22E1EF72AB75.webp8AF8F6D9-9504-4FA0-8C57-F69911643C2D.webp03420DD3-B909-4CB7-ADD7-E54036782884.webp
 
[h=2]Vintage Sounds
Vintage Phonograph Sales & Service
[/h]Vintage Sounds, now located in the Hart Antique and Design Center, in Houston, Texas have been in business since early 1985. They offer needles, parts, cylinders, records; and sell and repair vintage phonographs. They also sell and service antique music boxes as well. In addition to phonographs they provide vacuum tubes, schematics, and repair and sell vintage radios. Their business hours are: Mondays through Thursdays 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM. Fridays through Sundays, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM.Vintage Sounds:
3002 Fondren
Houston, TX
713-468-4911: Voice
713-721-5079: Fax
vintagesounds@altavista.net
 
I had one of those,,somebody threw it out,, I sold it for $25.
Sweet machine.
 
You might turning the turn table around manually 50 to 100 or more rotations to see if it will unwind the winding mechanism/spring. It is sort of like shaking a pocket watch or wind-up wristwatch to keep it running to unwind on over wound spring. If you can attach a piece of rubber to the face of the chuck on a drill, you could probably hold it against the spindle, then start the drill to unwind the mechanism.
 
I had one with a broken spring. The spring often breaks on one of the ends.Its difficult to make a hole in the spring to re attatch it to the drum because the spring steel is so hard. I ended up bending the ends over.

Chub
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom