What's new

Victorian Pencil sharpener, GWs looking Glass, and Marthas sash buckle. Lol

Vino

Banned
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
3,804
Reaction score
5,046
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Victorian Pencil sharpener, GWs looking Glass, and Martha's sash buckle. Lol

Had a relic kind of day with Cjon. He got all the coins..
The sharpener It is the 3rd one I have found since I started detecting.
I always thought they were gas shut of keys. Lol
Tonight I was sitting at dinner looking through Facebook, im friends with the XP UK site, and someone posted one today on there.. I said no way??? It has the same markings.
For some reason I really like the sharpener, maybe because my wife is a teacher? Lol
Anyway any Insight on the other 2 items would be great..
Thanks for looking George
 

Attachments

  • 1442023854534.webp
    1442023854534.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 152
  • 1442023864045.webp
    1442023864045.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 1442023878575.webp
    1442023878575.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 1442023887255.webp
    1442023887255.webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 141
  • 1442023901665.webp
    1442023901665.webp
    25 KB · Views: 133
  • 1442023910865.webp
    1442023910865.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 1442023926615.webp
    1442023926615.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 1442023938235.webp
    1442023938235.webp
    20 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 32
Congrats on your third sharpener, Hard to believe just relics from you George, I guess maybe you are human... At least you got out and put some hours in. I had to rest today. Somehow I must have pulled something around my right clavicle during yesterdays hunt.
 
I love interesting relics--so I'd take those over coins. You did well :thumbsup:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great day out with cjon. That Victorian pencil sharpener is pretty neat, haven't seen one before.
 
Isn't the thing with the glass a peep sight for a door? I have no idea on the other.
 
that sharpener is awesome, I didn't see that yesterday!, and you weren't totally shut out on the coins, that old merc and handful of wheats don't count for you I suppose lol, it was a long fun day, thanks again
 
Great sharpener:thumbsup:That's a beautiful buckle:occasion14:
 
Isn't the thing with the glass a peep sight for a door? I have no idea on the other.

Thats a really good guess! Not sure i have seen ones segmented like this.
Thanks Dave
 
Cool relics, the pencil sharpener is a cool find. I think OD has it on the door peep sight.
 
Nice stuff Vino. Could the glass ended tube be half of a pair of opera glasses?

The pencil sharpener is sweet.
 
I like that pencil sharpener George. Seems like something would find around an old one room school house. I don't believe I've ever found one.
 
What an interesting sharpener. Did you try it out? That would look cool displayed on a certain persons desk I bet;)

Steve
 
I found that same exact sharpener last year in a street tear out, except the very top is broken off mine. Took me a minute to figure out what it was too! Lol. Nice finds!
 
I don't always check TNET every day, but when I do, your posted finds always impress me. Way to go!!! Enjoy and HH
 
COME ON VINO I AM RUNNING OUT OF COMPLIMENTS ... THAT SHARPENER IS A FIRST TO VEIW FOR ME AND IS THAT A BROOOCH OF SOME SORT ?
 
George - you need to hurry up and get on the Pope's calendar so you can take him relic hunting during his visit to Philly this coming weekend. Anything he digs would certainly make banner :laughing7:.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom