What's new

VICTORY

PA Sleuth

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2014
Messages
260
Reaction score
708
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While hunting with permission at a lake house, built in the late 1800s, on one of the Finger Lakes in western New York, I came across this little piece of history. It is about 1" by 1 1/2". I am assuming it is a World War I local victory medal. Would this have been worn by vets during parades in subsequent years? Pretty cool nonetheless for a vacation find.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435340948.474144.webp
 
Upvote 48
Very cool item to find for sure.
 
Very cool find. One of the fellows I work with has a Muncy address. I have hunted a couple times near there.
 
Contact Muncy Historical Society - they should have some information on this piece - very nice BTW.
 
Very nice digs!
 
Awesome relic!
 
That's actually really neat! Very fascinating history behind it I'm sure! :thumbsup:
 
Munch is about a hour from me west near Williamsport PA. The finger lakes are a common vacation spot for us Pennsylvanians. But it was a service WW1 medal. Definately an awesome piece of history!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435372121.557448.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435372131.622272.webp
 
I'd love to dig one of those... Congrats on the cool find. :thumbsup:
 
I did contact the Muncy Historical Society, they were very helpful and informed me that the medal was issued by the Muncy American Legion post in the early 1920s to veterans of the first world war. The medal itself was generic to the American Legions, but specific posts could order personalized medals, such as this one, referencing specific towns or posts in the tablet area.
 
That's a cool war medal, and it should display well for you! :)
 
That is a really cool find.
Congrats on your sweet victory.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom