What's new

Video: All American Gun Owners To Be Registered Like Sex Offenders

Red James cash said:
theyre probably trying to get rid of overstock:laughing9:get what you want,not what somebody suggests lol

Ha you're probably right! Luckily my husband researches everything well so between the combo of what I like,he likes, and what he finds out about all the nuances we'll find the right ones for our needs. I'm really looking forward to practicing once I find the right gun.
 
Your life wont depend on anybody saying anything,your life will be whats in your hand when threatened.

Not concerned at all..........

You want to c
arry the largest caliber that you will carry consistently, if it is a .22, 38 special, 9mm, 40 or a 45, carry that! [TABLE="align: right"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
The point is to have it with you, not left at home because it was too heavy to carry just to go to the local store for bread...Murphys law is your going to need it the one time you choose not to carry it...

I am not saying a 9mm has greater stopping power than a .45, but there are people who have been shot with a .45 and were hardly fazed and there are many who have been shot with 9mm and their heart beat lasted less than half second afterwards... You only going to pull it when you have to use it to save your life or the life of someone else and very few people continue to come at you with a bullet in the forehead....


 
James,do 45s kick a lot more than a 9 mm would? I'm open to trying them out,I don't want a wussy gun.
Who gives a rats ass what the kick is,it will get the job done.
 
check out the shell shop in hopkinsvile ky 45 min from nashville and talk to sandy he can hook you up and the have a indoor range
 
Not concerned at all..........

You want to c
arry the largest caliber that you will carry consistently, if it is a .22, 38 special, 9mm, 40 or a 45, carry that! [TABLE="align: right"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
The point is to have it with you, not left at home because it was too heavy to carry just to go to the local store for bread...Murphys law is your going to need it the one time you choose not to carry it...

I am not saying a 9mm has greater stopping power than a .45, but there are people who have been shot with a .45 and were hardly fazed and there are many who have been shot with 9mm and their heart beat lasted less than half second afterwards... You only going to pull it when you have to use it to save your life or the life of someone else and very few people continue to come at you with a bullet in the forehead....


Always shoot for the head,common sense,for those that know how to handle a firearm!
 
Ha you're probably right! Luckily my husband researches everything well so between the combo of what I like,he likes, and what he finds out about all the nuances we'll find the right ones for our needs. I'm really looking forward to practicing once I find the right gun.

Go nuts coilygirl,When i lived in NH i did.There wasnt a day gone by when i didnt fire off 100 rounds a day everyday 13 years time.Most days 500 rounds.I would get up go to work,come home and target shoot.Pistol,rifle shotgun everyday.You would be amazed at the skill you can acquire.
 
Dont worry TH im not putting you down.Im just saying i will not trust a 9mm.I never owned one and i never will.
 
I think I tried a Springfield last today nsdq,,not sure what caliper if that's the right term.
What ever stops a perpetrator in their tracks will work. GodBless you and your Family, Chris
 
World Talker you a right on that on who gives a that's ass just as long as it gets the job done but I still want to feel comfortable with what I decide to buy.I won't be packing heat most likely but want something for home protection. I shouldn't care what caliper though,just so it gets the job done and is also a good gun to target shoot for hobby sake. We have a range here that seems pretty knowledgeable so I think we'll most likely buy it here.
 
Last edited:
We have a range here that seems pretty knowledgeable somI think we'll most likely buy it here.

That was the good part of where i lived in NH.I was in my shooting range just stepping out the door.lol
 
Red James cash said:
That was the good part of where i lived in NH.I was in my shooting range just stepping out the door.lol

That's good because I don't want to just do the class and feel empowered for just a short bit,I would like to go fairly often if I decide I like it enough and to keep feeling confident.
 
If what you want is strictly for home defense a handgun isnt it.A 12 or 20 gauge pump is it.Considering the ranges that you'll be shooting at a handgun wont cut it.You have to consider bullet penetration,as in who is in the next room.A 12 or 20 gauge shotgun loaded with bbshot or goose shot is devastating at close range(15 to 20 feet).you'll have no idea until you see the hole it puts into a target from that range.Just racking a round into the chamber has a very great psychological impact on an intruder,they know whats coming.
 
Gal , What works for you is what is comfortable to you . That and practice,PRACTICE , practice . Bigger is not better if it bothers you to shoot it .
I would rethink that idea of home defense only . As TH said , odds are that you need it most when you don't have it on you .
I've lost count of the number of deer , mature hogs , and beef animals that I have dropped with one shot each with a lowly .22 .
Punching paper targets or dispatching an animal for butchering is quite different from personal defense .
When you pick up an arm to counter the threat of a human aggressor you have to be WILLING to take that person's life when you fire and you have to be WILLING to keep firing AIMED shots at that aggressor until the threat is neutralized . Wounds or threats of wounds don't impress dedicated criminals much .........They've been wounded before .
>Massad Ayoob has an 8 part series on YouTube that you should watch . He explains things much better than I can .
Jim
 
Is THAT by state laws of "self-defense" or FED-laws? Be good to take your local Citizens Police Academy; NEAT video gun range...
 
Always shoot for the head,common sense,for those that know how to handle a firearm!
Gotta disagree with you there. All training and instruction I have received say to shoot for center of mass. The human head is a small target, and can be hard to hit with a pistol under duress.
 
Gotta disagree with you there. All training and instruction I have received say to shoot for center of mass. The human head is a small target, and can be hard to hit with a pistol under duress.

Agree with Gunny71; it was MY training, too...
 
i believe Russian spetznaz SF only ever trained with and carried .22 pistols. The reason being "If you can't kill someone with one of these then you're not good enough for SF!"
Head shots were "obligatory"!
 
Chicago style murders.....kind of like what someone else from Chicago is doing to the constitution!!!!!!
I have a friend who lives near Chicago, in one of the burbs. He said he is going out to buy his first gun this week. He said there were about 14 murders this week in Chicago, and it's getting worse.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom