What's new

Video cameras -- Your thoughts?

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
1,264
Reaction score
705
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at picking up a video camera to record some hunts ... Anyone with any inside information on cams? Have been considering the Tachyon Micro HD helmet camera. Waterproof and looks capable to do the job.

Happy Hunting & Holidays!
 
Upvote 0
Look into th Go Pro,about $200,but it's worth it. :laughing7:
 
Kodak Playsport Zx3, ..I have the non water proof version...excellent video. I also use the Tachyon's the small one is brand new (no Video yet), Hi def,........... the other Tachyon XC I have used for a couple years. It's waterproof, it captures the audio of the detector, and is waterproof. One thing to remember is record time, and batteries used. I set my Xc and it captures 10 hours strait video. The New Tach gets like 4 hours straight, has rechargeable batts.
Zx3 HD



Tachyon XC larger not HD


 

Attachments

  • SNAG-0001.webp
    SNAG-0001.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 682
  • SNAG-0001.webp
    SNAG-0001.webp
    25.6 KB · Views: 681
I have some experience with the GoPro Hero, which is 1080p HD, can do 720p and 30 or 60 frames per second, and comes with an underwater housing to 200' deep, and helmet strap and mounts. It takes fantastic video. As said before you can get them at around $200. All the mounts and UW housing are included. The higher the frames per second and higher def uses more battery power. At highest def and frames it will video for an hour, at 720 and 30 fps it will video for 4 hours on a charge. And that is still real nice video.
 
For the price and waterproof ability I bought the DV1 from GE I found it on QVC for $99.95 The size of a smart phone and feels good in you hand. It's HD or you can tone it down for longer video's and faster downloads! steve
 
Hope you find a camera, and post alot of finds. Am anxious to learn from your methods, you appear to be very lucky, or very talented. Good luck :icon_thumright:
 
I use multiple cameras on my hunts. I love my Tachyon. Great video, it's waterproof without an extra case, can be mounted in a lot of different ways. Only downside is that it doesn't record sound well.

Whatever you get, get something waterproof. The chance of sudden rain, big waves, or falling in the water is too big.
 
I've looked at the GoPro -- To me, I don't care for the 'squareness' of the unit. It resembles too much of a camera, in size, and how I plan to mount the cam, believe it will cause too much drag. Thing I like most about the Tachy's are the slender / tubular size. Course, the downfall is its volume. Someone posted a vid above with detector signal hearing, I like that -- would be useful for those who are trying to learn the machine based on anothers hunt.
 
Just got the gopro haven't used it mding but have used it fishing mounted on a piece of pvc took good enough pic's to use on my T.V. show , you can get all kinds of mounts for it , sound does not work well with waterproof housing except under water

Jonnie
 
I think videos are great but........ I just would like to "see" what you've found. I don't mind watching a few videos but now everyone seems to be doing them and it just takes too much time to go through all of the ones posted. How about... if you post a video also posting a snapshot of your find and then we can choose to look at the video or just look at the picture. Hey.... just my opinion! :wink:
 
mumszie said:
I think videos are great but........ I just would like to "see" what you've found. I don't mind watching a few videos but now everyone seems to be doing them and it just takes too much time to go through all of the ones posted. How about... if you post a video also posting a snapshot of your find and then we can choose to look at the video or just look at the picture. Hey.... just my opinion! :wink:

I agree mums. My video project is for something a bit different, not just a 'finds' post. :o
 
Aka Nameless said:
I have been eyeing this video camera on amazon, has good reviews, is tiny, has a remote control, can use an external mic, and has a small lcd screen for framing your shot. Only water resistant though..

http://www.amazon.com/Drift-Innovat...-1-5-Inch/dp/B004L5AF4Q/?tag=treasurenet01-20

The only problem I see is that to connect the external mic, you have to open the case so it's no really usable while "in the field". You can improve audio on the Tachyon by opening the case too, but I won't risk getting water, sand, etc inside mine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom