Video shows road destroyed in Yellowstone as tourists remain trapped in area

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been to Yellowstone 7 or 8 times at least, most times it was 2 or 3 weeks, one time was just a week, stayed in Old Faithful lodge, cabins, tents, a custom van, and two different popup campers.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been to Yellowstone 7 or 8 times at least, stayed in Old Faithful lodge, cabins, tents, custom van, and two different popup campers.
Sweet! The thing i noticed was that in 1984, Mammoth hot springs was "fresh" and flowing so to speak. When i awas there in 2014, it was a lot browner and hardly any water flowing, it was kind of dead or dormant compared to 1984. Did you notice that?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! The thing i noticed was that in 1984, Mammoth hot springs was "fresh" and flowing so to speak. When i awas there in 2014, it was a lot browner and hardly any water flowing, it was kind of dead or dormant compared to 1984. Did you notice that?
The water flow at Mamouth Hot Springs is constantly changing some years it is high and fast other years it is low and slow, after all, it is sitting on a volcano.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From what I can recall back in the early 80's it was a good flow as it was in in /93 when we visited again.

That's some messed up road, will take a few trucks of cement and rock/fill to do up the repairs.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welp there goes millions of dollars, road looks like it was new or in better shape before the flood than when I was there last. Hope they have a speedy recovery, probably not though

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks to me they should build the road on the hills to the sides.
let the flow, flow.

no picanic baskets for yogy

Hopefully the werewolves & Bigfeet can swim.

Yellowstone National Park Closed - Evacuation Order for Guests​

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that was something. Those folks should know they will not refund the money they paid for reservations because of that, haha!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new video shows more of the flood, the new video talks about the NE entrance several times, in my opinion, the NE entrance is one of the prettiest. I have been in and out every exit multiple times.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I fished that river. My wife says I don't know when to stop fishing...

Trout Fishing.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread