What's new

Viking Fibula of today !

TheDane

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2005
Messages
811
Reaction score
119
Golden Thread
1
Location
DENMARK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP-Deus, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi T-Netters ! :)

I just want to show you this gold-plated Viking fibula, found today.
It dates around 800-850 AD.
Extremely rare.


skivefibel.jpg



Regards
The Dane :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
AWESOME!!!!! WTG...Kane 23
 
:hello:

Great find :headbang: it's actually a disc Brooch :read2: but it's a very nice find, do you intend to clean it :icon_scratch:

SS
 
congrats my friend :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Great find :headbang: it's actually a disc Brooch :read2: but it's a very nice find, do you intend to clean it :icon_scratch:

SS

Hi Silver Searcher :)

I know that it is also called disc brooch. In my language it is called a "skivefibel" = disc fibula.

No, I do not want to clean it, I´ll leave that to the museum. The find will (as usual) be delivered to the museum, an they have professional conservators to do that job.

:icon_thumleft:
 
TheDane said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Great find :headbang: it's actually a disc Brooch :read2: but it's a very nice find, do you intend to clean it :icon_scratch:

SS

Hi Silver Searcher :)

I know that it is also called disc brooch. In my language it is called a "skivefibel" = disc fibula.

No, I do not want to clean it, I´ll leave that to the museum. The find will (as usual) be delivered to the museum, an they have professional conservators to do that job.

:icon_thumleft:
Great :thumbsup:...just make sure you get it back :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Silver Searcher said:
TheDane said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Great find :headbang: it's actually a disc Brooch :read2: but it's a very nice find, do you intend to clean it :icon_scratch:

SS

Hi Silver Searcher :)

I know that it is also called disc brooch. In my language it is called a "skivefibel" = disc fibula.

No, I do not want to clean it, I´ll leave that to the museum. The find will (as usual) be delivered to the museum, an they have professional conservators to do that job.

:icon_thumleft:
Great :thumbsup:...just make sure you get it back :icon_thumleft:

SS

I wont, you know our old law !!

But I´ll get a finders fee ! ;D
 
TheDane said:
Silver Searcher said:
TheDane said:
Silver Searcher said:
:hello:

Great find :headbang: it's actually a disc Brooch :read2: but it's a very nice find, do you intend to clean it :icon_scratch:

SS

Hi Silver Searcher :)

I know that it is also called disc brooch. In my language it is called a "skivefibel" = disc fibula.

No, I do not want to clean it, I´ll leave that to the museum. The find will (as usual) be delivered to the museum, an they have professional conservators to do that job.

:icon_thumleft:
Great :thumbsup:...just make sure you get it back :icon_thumleft:

SS

I wont, you know our old law !!

But I´ll get a finders fee ! ;D
Well I have been waiting 14 months about my Gold Ring :'( The BM haven't even aknowledged that they have it :o

SS
 
Great find :icon_thumleft:

Will the museum at least display it?
 
shaun7 said:
Great find :icon_thumleft:

Will the museum at least display it?

It will go to the regional museum, who will sent it to the National Museum in Copenhagen.
From there it will eventually return to the regional museum, who will display it together with other finds from the place ! :icon_thumleft:

It is found on this place: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,275482.0.html

All those finds are currently at the National Museum.
 
TheDane said:
shaun7 said:
Great find :icon_thumleft:

Will the museum at least display it?

It will go to the regional museum, who will sent it to the National Museum in Copenhagen.
From there it will eventually return to the regional museum, who will display it together with other finds from the place ! :icon_thumleft:

It is found on this place: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,275482.0.html

All those finds are currently at the National Museum.



Was this Brooch from that site :icon_scratch: Or have you found another :o
 
shaun7 said:
TheDane said:
shaun7 said:
Great find :icon_thumleft:

Will the museum at least display it?

It will go to the regional museum, who will sent it to the National Museum in Copenhagen.
From there it will eventually return to the regional museum, who will display it together with other finds from the place ! :icon_thumleft:

It is found on this place: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,275482.0.html

All those finds are currently at the National Museum.





Was this Brooch from that site :icon_scratch: Or have you found another :o

It is from that place !
All the finds you see in that thread were made by me, and there are several not shown in that thread.
The amount of brooches / fibulae is now around 20. (whole ones and fragments)
 
TheDane said:
shaun7 said:
TheDane said:
shaun7 said:
Great find :icon_thumleft:

Will the museum at least display it?

It will go to the regional museum, who will sent it to the National Museum in Copenhagen.
From there it will eventually return to the regional museum, who will display it together with other finds from the place ! :icon_thumleft:

It is found on this place: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,275482.0.html

All those finds are currently at the National Museum.





Was this Brooch from that site :icon_scratch: Or have you found another :o

It is from that place !
All the finds you see in that thread were made by me, and there are several not shown in that thread.
The amount of brooches / fibulae is now around 20. (whole ones and fragments)



Lucky man :icon_thumleft:
 
shaun7 said:
TheDane said:
shaun7 said:
TheDane said:
shaun7 said:
Great find :icon_thumleft:

Will the museum at least display it?

It will go to the regional museum, who will sent it to the National Museum in Copenhagen.
From there it will eventually return to the regional museum, who will display it together with other finds from the place ! :icon_thumleft:

It is found on this place: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,275482.0.html

All those finds are currently at the National Museum.





Was this Brooch from that site :icon_scratch: Or have you found another :o

It is from that place !
All the finds you see in that thread were made by me, and there are several not shown in that thread.
The amount of brooches / fibulae is now around 20. (whole ones and fragments)



Lucky man :icon_thumleft:


Describes my feeling quite well, thank you !! :wink: :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom