What's new

Vintage Vase or Jar?

curiouscat

Greenie
Joined
Feb 10, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need help identifying
 

Attachments

  • 71502612_1139921669538353_3726547817691348992_n.webp
    71502612_1139921669538353_3726547817691348992_n.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 109
looks like a kerosene lamp actually but is it vintage?
 
Upvote 0
Knowing the size may help but I would say vintage oil lamp.
 
Upvote 0
I'm sorry, but I have my doubts that this is actually an oil lamp? :icon_scratch:

It does have a lip where a lamp collar could be attached, but the opening is too narrow for a flat wick.
Now that having been said, it might very well be a fairly 'modern decorative lamp' made to burn paraffin oil on an open flame round wick. :dontknow:

It may originally have had a wick similar to these.
Dave
 

Attachments

  • 71502612_1139921669538353_3726547817691348992_n.webp
    71502612_1139921669538353_3726547817691348992_n.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 80
  • ALCOLAMP_fig02_full-crop.webp
    ALCOLAMP_fig02_full-crop.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 71
  • ALCOLAMP_fig03_full-crop.webp
    ALCOLAMP_fig03_full-crop.webp
    11.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hand blown oil lamp.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom