What's new

Virginia Metal Detecting Permit?

blackbird939

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2008
Messages
25
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Alexandria Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
I read once, on this list, that there is a permit for metal detecting in Virginia. $10 or something like that.

Does anybody know where to find that?

Thanks!
 
There is no peremit required in Virginia. Someone is pulling your leg :tongue3:
 
I'm pretty sure some county parks require them (if they even allow mding)
 
Hi

I just read your post about permits , ok ive done research after research on tax payer public land and use .. county parks and city parks and a big no ,they have it in there rules . Now reserves and certain state parks and camp grounds here is the precedure . You have to contact the park and also richmond and pay a permit fee and the ranger at the park has to sign your paper work . And rules are anything modern you can keep under x amount of money any jewelry you find has to be turned in to park ranger . Anything or so many years old has to be tunred into the park ranger so there are many stipulations .
 
In the area that I live in you can go and get a permit valid for 3 months at the Rec. Department.
It is good for five or six parks that is in this area.That is in Virginia.

fortbball9
 
If you hunt tidal waters in VA, you're supposed to get water hunting permit from the Virginia Dept of Marine Resources hq'd in Newport News. Cost is $25 annually.
 
I would love to take a vacation to VA sometime from Nov to Mar and hook up with someone to MD in VA with...anyone out there with ideas, offers, suggestions?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom