Virginia Metal Detecting Permit?

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
I'm pretty sure some county parks require them (if they even allow mding)

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

I just read your post about permits , ok ive done research after research on tax payer public land and use .. county parks and city parks and a big no ,they have it in there rules . Now reserves and certain state parks and camp grounds here is the precedure . You have to contact the park and also richmond and pay a permit fee and the ranger at the park has to sign your paper work . And rules are anything modern you can keep under x amount of money any jewelry you find has to be turned in to park ranger . Anything or so many years old has to be tunred into the park ranger so there are many stipulations .

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
In the area that I live in you can go and get a permit valid for 3 months at the Rec. Department.
It is good for five or six parks that is in this area.That is in Virginia.

fortbball9

rovnrbl

May 26, 2003
If you hunt tidal waters in VA, you're supposed to get water hunting permit from the Virginia Dept of Marine Resources hq'd in Newport News. Cost is $25 annually.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would love to take a vacation to VA sometime from Nov to Mar and hook up with someone to MD in VA with...anyone out there with ideas, offers, suggestions?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions