Wacky idea for cleaning clad

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
ok, this idea is way out there but here goes. I don't have a rock tumbler but was thinking, what if I took some clad and a handful of sand and put it in a small gatorade bottle, then wired the gatorade bottle to one of the wheel covers on the car. Then drive the car on the mail route, or checking cattle on the farm, or teaching the teenager how to drive in the school parking lot. You wouldn't want to get out in traffic and go high speeds though cause it could cause the bottle to come off.

wmas1960

May 17, 2005
Chicagoland
Could work. I would be concerned though that it might come off somewhere. Another idea. Fill an old coffee can with the stuff, Or, the Gatorade bottle could work also. Give it to a couple kids and have them roll it back and forth on a table all afternoon.

I recently bought a ball at REI that you put ice and rock salt in one end and cream mixture in the other. Roll it back and forth and around for about 20 minutes and you have Ice Cream. After the first time I used it, I thought it might be a good form of therapy or exercise for your hands, arms etc. My dad has Parkinsons and has trouble with arthritis and other pain with his arms and shoulders. Due to the Parkinsons he needs to keep up his arm and upper body strength to make up for his problems moving his feet and walking. And to prevent atrophy from lack of use of muscles etc. The weight of the ball, loaded up, seemed fairly significant. I could feel the effects of rolling it around for a while and thought that it might be beneficial for someone like him while he was just sitting in his chair watching TV, to be rolling this thing around in his hands. And, you get something in return in the end.

I was watching, I think it was Mr. Wizard one night and saw a similar thing with a small coffee can, (cream mixture) inside a large can, (Salt and Ice) tape the ends and roll them around and it does the same thing. Basic ideas between this and the ball would seem similar to that of a tumbler. Just using one canister rather than one inside another. Load it up with your medium and some coins and tape it shout or close the bottle.

Actually, regarding the tumbler thing. They don't roll that fast. Some go round and round and others go back and forth. So, sitting at the table or while going for a walk, or just watching TV... and turning a jar full of stuff would seem very possible and might be a similar good form of exercise. See if that works.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better fill a paint can half full of sand then put the clad in it take it to the hard ware store then run it threw the shacker for 10 minutes...

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds good to me...Maybe duck tape it to your dog! The paint shaker is good!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
forgot the drop of soap and some water.......

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Do they make tubeless bike tires?

Put coins, sand, soap and and water in tire, Fill with air, ride around. Just brainstorming here.

Btw, dekalb, can I borrow a cowboy hat?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude dont over think it is pocket change fill a coffe can half full then do the paint can trick works for me my gf works at a paint store...no,i know what that means when you were someone else's hat.. ;)

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
What does it mean when you wear someone elses hat? (I was looking at the beach find below your username)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ringding said:
What does it mean when you wear someone elses hat? (I was looking at the beach find below your username)
that means you are having sex...and are taken so to speak...

S

stefen

Do a Ruby Goldberg and hook it up to your kids hampster cage wheel. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions