What's new

wagon wheel hubs?

kiddrock33

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2003
Messages
688
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
heres a few objects that appear to be wagon wheel hubs, help identify if you can.
 

Attachments

  • small hub.webp
    small hub.webp
    17 KB · Views: 565
more view one shows a diamond shape makers mark
 

Attachments

  • small hub 2.webp
    small hub 2.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 441
  • small hub 4.webp
    small hub 4.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 428
  • small hub 5.webp
    small hub 5.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 450
  • small hub 3.webp
    small hub 3.webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 434
Upvote 0
I don't think they are wagon hubs, but rather hubs for a Auxiliary Spoke (wooden spoke) automotive wheel.
 
Upvote 0
wagon wheel hubs I'd think--but could also be some hub off of an early-day type of wheel for a steam vehicle such as an early-day car or truck with wooden wheels or an early wheel hub for one of the smaller steam trains.
 
Upvote 0
When I saw this hub, it rang a bell. Without seeing it in person, and judging by the pics, I think it's some type of automotive wheel. Excuse the quality of the pics below, but there were scanned from poor hard copies which were photographed upteen years ago. The pics are of our past 1928 Studebaker, and I refinished the solid oak spokes and pin-striped them so that's why your hub looked familiar. Of course, I did this many moons ago :laughing7: and I understand the memory is the 2nd thing to go. :laughing7: Breezie

I have a pic of the actual hub somewhere in this house, and if I can find it, I'll post.
 

Attachments

  • 28StudeWheelsBeforeAfter.webp
    28StudeWheelsBeforeAfter.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 28StudeWheelsBeforeAfter.webp
    28StudeWheelsBeforeAfter.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 28StudeRefinishingWheel.webp
    28StudeRefinishingWheel.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom