What's new

Walking Liberty Half Dollar!!

elusion

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Explorer II, Tesoro Tiger Shark
This was my 3rd time out with the Explorer 2... Temperatures in the mid 20's... I got a signal under a scrubby looking tree, and the explorer was screaming SILVER. The depth was about 9.5" and my newly aquired sunray probe helped me a bundle here. I waited until I got home to clean it rather than rub it in the field since I wasnt sure what I had.

This is a first for me (half dollar). It's a 1942p and it looks like someone holed it and had it on a chain. I tried finding the chain but no luck.

I also managed to snap my steel digger right in half.. something I attribute to the semi frozen ground and the temperatures. Other than that I found alot of pop tops half cans and memorial cents.
 

Attachments

  • half dollar front.webp
    half dollar front.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 530
  • half dollar back.webp
    half dollar back.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 518
  • half dollar digger.webp
    half dollar digger.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 527
Upvote 0
Nice find,

They were holding onto that one for dear life.

HH Jer
 
Good determination battling that kind of temp! Walkers are a great coin to find.Too bad it had a hole.Sorry about your digger but worth it with that coin.Nice find.
 
Nice find, I think I'd put a new chain on it & wear it for good luck each time I went out metal detecting!
 
Congrats on the walkin' half, I'm still looking for a big piece like that WTG :thumbsup:
Glenn
 
Hey elusion, What a wonderful find ! That coin is tied with the merc in my estimation of the prettiest

coins minted in America ( Same designer did both) with the standing liberty quarter as a very close

second . Since it looks like the ring on it is copper or steel , I would replace it with a very heavy

sterling silver one - and wear it on a nice silver chain - or give it to your honey ! Great find !

Argentium.
 
GREAT FIND ON THE HALF. EVERY ONE WANTS TO FIND ONE OF THEM. :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom