What's new

Walking Liberty Half -- Embodiment of Twenty Miles of Rocky Road

blueberra

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
255
Reaction score
834
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This week's box contained one silver -- the most worn / abused coin I've encountered.

I think it weighs even less than a clad half.

Date is unreadable as is the mintmark (if there is one), but it's 90% silver nonetheless..
 

Attachments

  • walker obv 11 dec 2024.webp
    walker obv 11 dec 2024.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 103
  • walker rev 11 dec 2024.webp
    walker rev 11 dec 2024.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 6
This week's box contained one silver -- the most worn / abused coin I've encountered.

I think it weighs even less than a clad half.

Date is unreadable as is the mintmark (if there is one), but it's 90% silver nonetheless..
Still worth more than a clad half.
That has certainly seen better days.
 
That’s a bad one! It looks like it’s been to Ancient Rome and back. This is my parking lot Walker. I found it in the parking lot of a tavern in 1972 when I was in college. “The Possum Trot” was the only place we could get served.😜
IMG_7893.webp
IMG_7892.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom