What's new

Wanda the Wolf Spider with brood!

Limitool

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2013
Messages
7,955
Reaction score
12,322
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Meet Wanda... I was lucky enough to get to see this again. I posted a pic long ago of one also. I wanted to get a pic of her standing on her hind legs with arms all out but I missed it. She was pretty upset with me!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0888.webp
    DSCN0888.webp
    521.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCN0886.webp
    DSCN0886.webp
    39 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN0885.webp
    DSCN0885.webp
    33 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN0883.webp
    DSCN0883.webp
    44.7 KB · Views: 74
Did you know that at some point they EAT Mom?

GOD Bless

Chris
 
Did you know that at some point they EAT Mom?

GOD Bless

Chris

No I did not... So a female Wolf spider only gives birth once in their life and then are eaten? I thought they only carried their babies around for a few days and then off they went...? I'm gonna have to dummy up on my wolf spider knowledge. :tongue3:
 
Wow, cool picture
 
Did you know that at some point they EAT Mom?

GOD Bless

Chris

Hey Chris... I looked around today and all I could find about a female spiders young eating the mother was something called a "Black Lace Weaver Spider". But I did read that female Wolf Spiders live several years and males typically 1 year. But I totally admit I am NOT a spider expert nor claim to be either.
 
I can understand this happening. The female does not give milk and I can't see her going out for food to bring to the nest.
 
Hey Chris... I looked around today and all I could find about a female spiders young eating the mother was something called a "Black Lace Weaver Spider". But I did read that female Wolf Spiders live several years and males typically 1 year. But I totally admit I am NOT a spider expert nor claim to be either.

I recall reading that back in school,I googled it and found some spiders do,but the wolf.???
 
Am I Mom???? No wait! I"m a cat. Nevermind. That is an awesome picture.
 
Can any Dad or Mom imagine the child support responsibility should the relationship not work out...? Good night!
 
Those are creepy cool pics! I'm glad I'm not a spider!
 
Yes, moms have to out think young children and know it all adolescents while dads are at work. Or out digging.:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom