WANTED; Coiltek 10x5 coil for Nox

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking for 10x5 coil for 800 Nox. On several waiting list, Must be in good working condition.

OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got one....
Congrats! Please tell me how you like using it once you get out in the field with it.
When I got mine in the fall I took it to a place with high target density (trash+coins together), a place where the stock 11" Nox coil was having a hard time separating. Maybe I started in too challenging a place, but I observed two things that concerned me: it wasn't giving the cleaner separation I was expected, and the sounds+target ID's were not very consistent with what I was used to on the stock 11" coil.
After this initial experience I tried it at a cleaner park and, sure, I could find coins with it - but again the sounds+ID's weren't exactly what I'd come to expect from the Nox.
Across all my fall detecting outings I used it maybe 5 times, but ultimately went back to the stock coil - and now I'm not sure what to say about the 10x5 coiltek.

I'll go back and do more reading on it, but I got it to help with better separation in target dense sites. Maybe I need more practice with it - could be that simple.

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congrats! Please tell me how you like using it once you get out in the field with it.
When I got mine in the fall I took it to a place with high target density (trash+coins together), a place where the stock 11" Nox coil was having a hard time separating. Maybe I started in too challenging a place, but I observed two things that concerned me: it wasn't giving the cleaner separation I was expected, and the sounds+target ID's were not very consistent with what I was used to on the stock 11" coil.
After this initial experience I tried it at a cleaner park and, sure, I could find coins with it - but again the sounds+ID's weren't exactly what I'd come to expect from the Nox.
Across all my fall detecting outings I used it maybe 5 times, but ultimately went back to the stock coil - and now I'm not sure what to say about the 10x5 coiltek.

I'll go back and do more reading on it, but I got it to help with better separation in target dense sites. Maybe I need more practice with it - could be that simple.
I to have the 10 x 5. Like it. Took it to a pretty dense sight and it does better at separation just because of the smaller footprint. But you are right about the VDI's. I feel the same way. They are off slightly and you now really have to dig all.

OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I to have the 10 x 5. Like it. Took it to a pretty dense sight and it does better at separation just because of the smaller footprint. But you are right about the VDI's. I feel the same way. They are off slightly and you now really have to dig all.
I noticed the same thing with the coiltek 5x8 on my AT Pro.... but it was so awesome I never took it off, so the numbers were what they were.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread