What's new

Wanted to do my own road trip on this rainy day...

MauserMan

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2010
Messages
279
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
Detector(s) used
BH Tiv
Alright, so Ltrain inspired me to give it a shot and I made a few calls. Just got off the phone with a bank that says they have 62 rolls, so I'll be picking it up in a bit. I'll let you know what happens. ???
 
Upvote 0
62? That sounds suspicious...
 
AGCoinHunter said:
62? That sounds suspicious...
Suspicious indeed. So I definitely have some competition around here, and I don't much like his/her methods...

Got to the bank and the teller shows me that they aren't customer wrapped, and 50 are in a box. So I say that's fine and I take it, most banks don't have half boxes on hand anyways. I get to my car and look at the rolls, well the box is open of course, and 20 of the 61 rolls I took were taped shut. I'm new to doing halves, but that grinds my gears. With hopes for a couple of 40's, I look through the unopened rolls to find nothing but clad. I'm sure it's the same person who's dumps I've found at other banks, because he or she organizes the rolls by year, so all the 76's are in one roll, and all the 74's are in another. I don't get it.

Undaunted, I went to a completely different bank that had 9 rolls, so I took those. Same thing! :cussing:

I ended up grabbing $150 in dimes, but I won't hold my breath. Looks like I have tough competition around here if I want to get into halves :( .
 
The dimes were a bust.
 
Hopefully we will lose a lot of wanna be CRHs after they get tired of the search.
 
Road trips take time to learn what a bank may yield. Still , even if it is a dump bank silver may have been deposited by some old lady.

I keep a journal of the banks ive been to , silver ,dumps ,reg collectores etc. I record all the info and may skip or go again sooner depending on my notes.
 
Keep at it....you never know. Some of my greatest scores have been when I think I'm getting someone else's dumps.
rileyboy
 
MauserMan said:
AGCoinHunter said:
62? That sounds suspicious...
Suspicious indeed. So I definitely have some competition around here, and I don't much like his/her methods...

Got to the bank and the teller shows me that they aren't customer wrapped, and 50 are in a box. So I say that's fine and I take it, most banks don't have half boxes on hand anyways. I get to my car and look at the rolls, well the box is open of course, and 20 of the 61 rolls I took were taped shut. I'm new to doing halves, but that grinds my gears. With hopes for a couple of 40's, I look through the unopened rolls to find nothing but clad.

Hey MauserMan,

Sorry to hear about that sorry luck - maybe this CRHer is a professional (hack) and weighing the rolls and only cracking open the ones that are heavy and likely contain silver halves? Just my thought based on your experience. ???

Hope you score big soon!!!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Sorry I inspired you to waste your time and gas, haha.
 
Everybody has those days and worse,but if you keep trying you will score the solid rolls.
HH
Rich
 
I always buy the halves at a bank, even if I'm afraid they are someone else's dumps. Way I see it, I'm doing the bank a favor by moving the halves, and there's the chance that they aren't dumps. Not long ago, I went to a bank that had 12 rolls. As soon as she put them on the counter, I saw that every single roll was marked with a big green X. I thought great... dumps... I was shocked when the first roll I opened had silver in it. Got a small hand full of 40% and 90%. Why they were marked, I have no clue :dontknow: You never know until you buy them.

Keep trying, you will eventually get that good score :thumbsup:
 
I went to a bank and asked for halfs today. They said they had $800 in rolls all brought in by the same guy. I bought the 64 and 2 40% off the trays instead. I usually don't buy from where I dump so I figure he didn't ask.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom