mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow your banks was open today. All of ours was closed do to ML King day. I don't get any until tomorrow......Matt

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they had posted on the door for a few weeks that they were open for MLK jr day. it was good I had a nice teller to help though too

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
nice find spotting that silver nic. I went through a whole box of nics yesterday and only found a single '44P - but it was in one of the last rolls so it sure was a nice sight to see. I've got another box of nics for tonight that I bought last Fri. so hopefully I can find some more silver tonight. :)

HH

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well ya know i havent had one come out of every box! so gettin one is always good! next box you'll get more man, it was just my lucky day seeing the darker rim this time:) let me know on how you do on that box! I'm gunna guess 2 buffalo's and a war nickel. 1943 D ;P

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks, sorry I didn't mean it to sound like I was complaining - I was just trying to make a comparison on how good I thought your find was - your eyes are a lot better than mine. And I was actually happy to find even just the one silver - esp since it was in one of the last rolls. That seems to be happening to me a lot lately - finding silver at the very end of the box which is a nice surprise. In my first nickel box of this year I found my only silver nic in the very last roll. And I remember in a dime box last month my only silver keeper was the next to the last coin in the very last roll. :)

Congrats again on spotting that war nic & good luck with your cent boxes tonight - I hope you get more of those good boxes you've been getting lately. :)

HH

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
totally fine man i was just lettin ya know one is way better then none. plus its kinda fun when they first roll out and you know they're silver and look for the different mint marks. same with Cents.. the older looking back i always hope to flip it over and see an old twenties or older wheat with a mint mark. easpecially a 1909 S or 14 D ;)

And im with you on last roll finds tonight i got a 1926 P wheatie on the last roll of a terribly canadian box. i'll post the results later gotta sort them out.

thanks man go through that nickel box already and let me know!

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet man my best box didn't have any silver. had bout 7 buffalos though. 2 had dates sadly

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
well, I just finished the nickel box for tonight and got the usuall 25 or so pre-'60 Jefferson's but no buffaloes & no silver. Oh well, I've found 4 silver so far this year from 4 nickel boxes so at least I'm averaging 1 silver per box. Still haven't found any buffaloes yet this year - maybe I'll get a really nice nickel box next weekend. :)

Good luck again with the cents & HH

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i kinda just wish i could go over to my closet. dump all the cents on the floor. shut the door . and open it and have a unopened box of cents.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, I noticed you've found a lot of wheats so far this year - 651 wheats from just the first 2 weeks of the year is great! At that rate you should have about 6 boxes ($150 fv) of solid wheats by the end of the year. :)

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow! i need to get some new storage at that rate!

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
War nicks are some tough ones to spot on the edge, takes a good eye. i can usually tell from a brinks roll when i have one, but thats a sweet find! true skill!

OP
OP
AGBlex

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well it sure wasn't a one for one shot. i've taken home a few really beat 1990 nickels thinking they were war nicks. oh well I got one :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread